2024/25 Sean Dyche

Hugely.

But it shouldn't be conceding 3 a game unless it doesn't have support or works as a unit.

Its not working full stop

I think we took at calculated gamble at full back in the summer left and right and its backfired horribly, when I look at a lot of the goals we’ve conceded or where the danger has come from so far it’s from full back. Youngs suspension, Coleman’s injury, Patterson out, Myko clearly playing with something - it’s being targeted by the opposition - what do you do - we don’t have the players.

We had Harrison at full back for most of today.

It leads to frequency of pressure on the centre half and at this level you hold out for so long when it’s too easy to get inside, Branthwaite not there compounds it.

All of our best play this season so far has come from playing the ball on the deck. We aren’t city and we need to mix it up but our players are way more talented than the system we play under Dyche.

I agree my friend, Dyche has us playing some good stuff at times. The issue is that this team are unable to play that way over the course of 90 minutes whilst keeping the defence solid.

Injuries are really hurting us back there. A fully fit Coleman, Branthwaite & Mykolenko in the side and both today and Bournemouth games do not end in defeat.

He really believes this fine margins crap
He really believes he is the messiah. Partly some of the fans fault for treating him like one. He has managed to convince some people that staying in the league is an acceptable aim when in reality it is the poorest thing you can achieve. There is no lower bar other than being relegated. It isn't an aim at all, just a way of manipulating people into thinking he is a messiah for doing it again when the fact is he is an absolutely abysmal manager in every aspect.

He really believes he is the messiah. Partly some of the fans fault for treating him like one. He has managed to convince some people that staying in the league is an acceptable aim when in reality it is the poorest thing you can achieve. There is no lower bar other than being relegated. It isn't an aim at all, just a way of manipulating people into thinking he is a messiah for doing it again when the fact is he is an absolutely abysmal manager in every aspect.
Pretty much this

You really can’t explain away two 2 goal leads turning into losses consecutively. When this is coming off of a three game skid where you conceded 13 goals (to open the season so this year is dead in its tracks already), to me there is really no other option than to sack the manager. It is a massive red flag and it’s not really a scenario you can toy around with. Once the players mutiny it will truly be over.

I think we took at calculated gamble at full back in the summer left and right and its backfired horribly, when I look at a lot of the goals we’ve conceded or where the danger has come from so far it’s from full back. Youngs suspension, Coleman’s injury, Patterson out, Myko clearly playing with something - it’s being targeted by the opposition - what do you do - we don’t have the players.

We had Harrison at full back for most of today.

It leads to frequency of pressure on the centre half and at this level you hold out for so long when it’s too easy to get inside, Branthwaite not there compounds it.
We have a massive problem at fullback, but it is also the way we defend. Dyche has the fullbacks anchored to the edge of the box, only going wider if the ball is played into the huge gaps he deliberately allows there.

It's the fabled 'defend the v' and it invites crosses from out wide deliberately for 2 cb grocks to deal with. Unfortunately cbs are not anywhere near doing that this season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back