2024/25 Sean Dyche

How many points is context worth?

Sounding like Dyche with his xG. I don’t envy the guy but this squad isn’t ‘bottom of the league, 3 goals shipped a game’ bad.

We played on the deck about three times all game and 2 led to chances, a great deal of this is on him. The squad is really poor but he’s way too negative with his approach.

Our team are not good enough to play with the ball to feet. Ndiaye aside.

Ancelotti had players like Richarlison, James Rodriguez, Digne & Siggurdsson at his disposal yet played defensive football because he seen our lack of ability.

Our squad is much weaker compared to the one we had back then.

We don't get points for context. The most important context here is 0 points, 13 goals conceded, 4 goals scored, two 2-0 leads squandered, bottom of the league.

There is no one better who will want this job. Sacking Dyche would be a disastrous move in the long run. 34 games to go, now is not the time for this type of talk, when the alternative are names like Rooney, Baines, Pulis, Alladyce etc.

At very best, we could attempt to coax Wee Davey, who most of the fans dont want to return and would be against him from day one.

One of my favourite defenses of him is that the second time wasn't on him. Even though the caretaker who replaced him oversaw a significant upturn in their results and was really relegated because the hole Dyche dug was far too deep to get out of even with that upturn.
Yes, the guy that replaced him almost saved them…they would have been down a lot sooner if Dyche had d
Stayed in charge

4 games. 13 conceded - what's that telling you?

The back 4 is currently championship level.
The midfield 2 aren't coping to defend the back line.

Awful in transition. Not solid as a unit.

Think he's overcooking the belief we can score goals freely. We can't. The front 4 isn't good enough so 1 needs going to bring in another midfielder.

He now needs to drop Keane and play the only fullbacks we have at the club.

To me it can be turned around. Whether he's stubborn enough to do it is another thing

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back