2024/25 Sean Dyche

He has done a decent job of keeping us up and deserves some respect...but that doesn't automatically mean he is gonna do alright this season...also I'm fed up of him talking like it's a nightmare job, lampard was a terrible manager but at least he had some respect for it and seemed happy to be doing it

he thinks he’s there don
as we’re a joke

Pains me to say it but Carragher hit the nail on the head when he said we set up every game like we’re looking for an FA Cup 3rd round shock. We’ve never won a game after going behind under Dyche, as we just sit so deep behind the ball that we’ve got no way of changing the game when it goes against us. To lose from 2 up in consecutive games is inexcusable.
Yup. When Plan A fails we’ve had it and everyone knows it.

Aye mate.

People always bang on about that awful run without a win.

People never mention the good run we had;

But my point and one I've been making for ages is in my view, the team we have now - a team that hasn't had a penny spent on moving it on 3 years now, is bottom 5 of the league quality.

It was in 2022, and we had a better team then.

Before Dyche;

View attachment 273196

View attachment 273197

See.

Crap.

Context is key here rather than throwing up random stats.

That was under lampard who has struggled to get a new job since leaving us , Chelsea failure aside. That was a period where we had a extremely poor manager who couldn't fix things. Dyche top flight career is over once he leaves us , why do you think he didn't get another top flight job after Burnley?

This isn't a side that will finish in Europe but never mind taking 17th mate, we started the season aiming for it. What impact does that have on the players when they expect to lose games? Where they stand off teams rather than try and play? That's where the collapse comes from, mentally they are shot. Starting the season conceding a minimum of three goals a game, that is a team without a chance of staying up. If a 2 goal lead doesn't give you half a chance then where do the points come from? We can't hold a lead whether it's half hour gone or 5 minutes left. We are are conceding goals despite clearly playing defensive tactics.

At some point though mate , whether we are the 17th best team in the league this season, there is got to be some sort of belief we are better? That we can beat teams, instead of moshiri expected losses. Only the best yet this is the best fans can hope for?

He’s created a mentality that we’re inferior to every opposition we play. We were even pretty passive in the first half against Doncaster. Then he just moans on after the game about how hard his job is. He’s one of the best paid managers in the country, if it’s too hard, then jog on and we’ll get someone in who would see this job as a chance to prove themselves. All Dyche is proving that all of the opinions people has about him when he was at Burnley were entirely correct.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back