2024/25 Sean Dyche

So, he's sitting with Stoney and Woaney eating a chicken buna, laughing about what a wind up it was subbing Beto with Youngy and the icing on the cake. Youngy had the only missed pen of the 12 taken. He's just popcorning now. Get him gone before it's too late.

Oh I forgot, something something it's the players fault, something something he's the third best manager we've ever had, something something he's the best we can get. Just me being silly then. I thought some of the blame for this shambles might be down to him.

Third best manager we've had...he's closer to the third worst manager we've ever had.

So, he's sitting with Stoney and Woaney eating a chicken buna, laughing about what a wind up it was subbing Beto with Youngy and the icing on the cake. Youngy had the only missed pen of the 12 taken. He's just popcorning now. Get him gone before it's too late.

Oh I forgot, something something it's the players fault, something something he's the third best manager we've ever had, something something he's the best we can get. Just me being silly then. I thought some of the blame for this shambles might be down to him.

Third best manager we've had...he's closer to the third worst manager we've ever had.
I challenge you name worse :D

Let’s be honest, Moyes was another papering over the cracks job. The club was a mess pre Moshiri and that ignorant blert with his buddy Usmanov accelerated it.

There’s a reason people kept saying Everton were “punching above their weight” because the club wasn’t in a position to be a long term success under him. Any finals or semi finals we lost or got outclassed and any decent side in Europe knocked us out.

I don’t like the Moyes era because the “punching above our weight “ thing got normalised within the club and media allies. It’s embedded in a lot of fans thinking.

The club tells new signings to say we are a big club but we don’t act like it and haven’t for years and years. It’s amateur hour.

They are extremely fortunate that they still retain the considerable support they do.
I agree
There was this celebration of mediocrity spear headed by Kenwright and it suited Moyes to row with it seeing as any relative success looked better.
Now we have a manager that celebrates survival and has no ambition to go higher. Reinforces the idea to the players regularly that they are relegation fodder with this attitude too. It is worse than it has ever been.
Plenty of fans have bought into it now too though, that 17th is a good target. I can't imagine any other club besides the three promoted thinking that. We've never gone down but collectively act like we are lucky to be up. It's weird and the club/managers should be called out on it for actively lowering the bar. It's anti-sports

We've already passed the point of no return, all we are doing now is wasting time.

I can't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but there was some point last season where the performance levels (even though the football on show has never been great) fell away and they've never really recovered.

It's over now. The fans are turning. His subs are being booed. It's unusual that you come back from this when the direction of travel is what it is.

Every game we wait makes the upcoming relegation scrap more difficult
Which subs got booed? Young?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back