2024/25 Sean Dyche

I agree
There was this celebration of mediocrity spear headed by Kenwright and it suited Moyes to row with it seeing as any relative success looked better.
Now we have a manager that celebrates survival and has no ambition to go higher. Reinforces the idea to the players regularly that they are relegation fodder with this attitude too. It is worse than it has ever been.
Plenty of fans have bought into it now too though, that 17th is a good target. I can't imagine any other club besides the three promoted thinking that. We've never gone down but collectively act like we are lucky to be up. It's weird and the club/managers should be called out on it for actively lowering the bar. It's anti-sports

And all those so called legends of the club don’t say anything either. Don’t want to upset the apple cart you see.

I’ll say it again, some dodgy underhanded stuff has gone on here for years or I suspect so anyway.

I bet you some were agitated when the headlock thing happened in case they were put on the spot about what happened.

So, he's sitting with Stoney and Woaney eating a chicken buna, laughing about what a wind up it was subbing Beto with Youngy and the icing on the cake. Youngy had the only missed pen of the 12 taken. He's just popcorning now. Get him gone before it's too late.

Oh I forgot, something something it's the players fault, something something he's the third best manager we've ever had, something something he's the best we can get. Just me being silly then. I thought some of the blame for this shambles might be down to him.

Third best manager we've had...he's closer to the third worst manager we've ever had.
Deffo in the bottom 3 , no question

Not defending him here but a Russell Martin side having that much possession is not unheard of.

Believe United where the only team to have more possession than them this season so far.

They had 63% possession against Brentford and lost 3-1. 65% against forest and lost 1 nil. Possession is meaningless. It’s what you do when you have the ball not matter how little of it you have that counts. Dyche is always hoping for that Brighton away performance when we scored 5.

Southampton will get relegated this season due to the way Martin insists on how his side is to play. It’s a plan and identity he has. I’d rather we got relegated with a plan and identity rather than what we have now. I genuinely can’t explain dycheball.

🚨FINE MARGINS KLAXON🚨

Also, did he just unironically say “lastminute.com”? If I didn’t want him sacked before, I do now.

I know they have to give a decent level of spin but it's North Korean levels of nonsense again. Southampton just had 75% possession and they're chatting like we've just been robbed.

You can sense in their voices how neither of them are remotely bothered that we've been knocked out of a cup at an early stage yet again. Minutes on the pitch, good performances from the youngsters, onto the next one and not one person within the club seems to care.

I challenge you name worse :D
Benitez, I'm struggling now, because much as I hated Allardyce, he was a far better manager than Dyche and, having watched nearly all of Walkers games, even he had more of a clue, oh Lampard, yes he was just about as hopeless as Dyche, but,, he was a much more likeable man. No you've got me, I can't name 3 worse.

Not going to win a game at Goodison till there are changes made. Players and manager are going to dread playing at home. The players are too mentally fragile to turn things around quickly

I was hoping that would end when Kenwright ended, but you're right, pin drop central

Michael Ball still gives his opinions still. I know he has a echo column but at least he has a public view.

All Peter Reid is interested in is arguing with right wing voters. Kevin Ratcliffe , usually outspoken over the years is now the equivalent of a dust mite fart and Big Nev doesn’t say much either.

Maybe they don’t want to fall out with Sharp

For someone who supposedly prices themselves on fine margins, why are we the only club at half time to send out the subs without a dedicated coach with them?

They just pass the ball about.

Saints lads were doing fitness and had dedicated coach support tonight.

And all those so called legends of the club don’t say anything either. Don’t want to upset the apple cart you see.

I’ll say it again, some dodgy underhanded stuff has gone on here for years or I suspect so anyway.

I bet you some were agitated when the headlock thing happened in case they were put on the spot about what happened.
Not sure if any are asked for comment. Michael Ball doesn't hold back but he has a column in the paper. Stubbs doesn't hold back when asked either. Not saying they are legends but they are in the media whereas others are not

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back