2024/25 Sean Dyche

25.8% possession at home be Southampton, he deserves booting for that. Just an absolute terrible manager who simply had not got a bloody clue what he his doing...Beto for Young !!!!
Barnsley had more possession in a 7-0 thrashing from Man United than we did against Southampton.

Utterly embarrassing. Genuinely don’t know how a self respecting football manager can be happy with that.

1726646790356.webp

1726646818889.webp

Barnsley had more possession in a 7-0 thrashing from Man United than we did against Southampton.

Utterly embarrassing. Genuinely don’t know how a self respecting football manager can be happy with that.
Why is that embarrassing? Did possession help Barnsley win that game?

We had 29.5% possession against Arsenal when we beat them in the first game under Dyche. Did possession help Arsenal win?

Possession as a base stat is utterly useless.

We had a depleted side last night.

People bang on about possession, but we were playing a team who pass for passing sake. They went to Brentford, Brentford had 37% possession but still beat them 3-1. They went to Newcastle, Newcastle had 22% of possession but Newcastle beat them 1-0. Against Nottingham Forest, Forest had 35% possession.

It was a crap watch, but we still should have won. The fringe players fans have been screaming to be given a chance, just didn't do it. Looking at you, Lindstrom. Looking at you, Beto.

The likes of Mangala rushed in - he had the fewest of touches of any outfield player.

Dixon, as refreshing as it was to see some pace - also lost the most duels on the pitch and to me at least, was walked through repeatedly down that side.

I didn't expect us to beat Spurs Away, or Villa Away.

Brighton are no mugs - Bournemouth was the disappointment.

I shared my view on here we'd be on <3 points prior Leicester. The next two, Leicester A and C.Palace he needs 3/4 points, minimum.

The upcoming fixture list now looks a bit kinder - we need to stay in contention come January and hope ownership is sorted and spend.

Leicester a
Palace h
Newcastle h
Ipswich a
Fulham h
Southampton a
West Ham a
Brentford h

Don’t suppose the players may have something to do with the results, could be wrong but from what I’ve seen I know who I hold responsible and it ain’t 100% Dyche nor was it the the previous seven managers.
We have very ordinary team of players besides one two.
So do Brentford and Bournemouth stll manage to play decent football though because they ain't coached to hoof it to the big man up front style mentality

If you spread the wins out then some might say its what you would expect from this group. Not for me though, I find it poor.
23 points from 25 games equals to 0.92 points a game.

Over a full season that is 35 points, which he would say is about right for 'all the noise going on' around the club.
I'd call it lucky there are some terrible sides in the league

Why is that embarrassing? Did possession help Barnsley win that game?

We had 29.5% possession against Arsenal when we beat them in the first game under Dyche. Did possession help Arsenal win?

Possession as a base stat is utterly useless.
Because it’s show the mindset of a manager who no intention at all of taking a game to the opposition.

And using our game against Arsenal is the most ludicrous argument ever; of course you’ll need to change your approach for teams who like a possession based game. Fans accept the reality of that situation

We spent large portions of last night with 9 men behind the ball. Stop talking utter [Poor language removed] to defend in the indefensible

It’s utterly embarrassing

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back