2024/25 Sean Dyche

I don't know who they where exactly but according to the bobble he knocked backed a load of players offered to him by Thelwell over the summer.
And he displayed a petulant attitude to selecting many of those who were signed in the summer. There is an awkward power dynamic between Dyche and Thelwell. Both will be aware their contracts expire same time so both are on the same uncertain footing.

Why do you think that is?

Our best player has been injured all season and our 2nd most valuable player was sold before a ball was kicked.

Again, the Football is difficult to watch, the substitutions have been poor at times and the results haven't been good enough. He absolutely deserves criticism.

But, without doubt, he hasn't been given the tools to make the team better. He's been doing the job (well, mostly) with one arm tied behind his back.

Our best player that is apparently so integral to our side that we conceded a avarage of 3 goals a game yet the managet was happy to sell him for £70m in the summer.

Our 2nd most valuable player that dyche tanked his price tag because he doesnt have a clue how to use actual footballers in midfield. So he benched him in favour of two players who can only tackle.

Hes brought in 12 of his own players over a full team. 3 players where already here that he already worked with. We have Englands number 1 and DCL is his absolute wet dream of a striker.

He didnt show up last week hes been here nearly 2 year and were playing worse then when he first became our manager.

Gap is starting to open up at the bottom. If we can’t beat Palace then it’s not looking great is it.
We are in practically the same position we were in after 5 games last season.
The teams in 12/13th position have 5-6 points the same as last year and if we beat Palace we will have 4 points exactly the same as we were after beating Bournemouth after 6 games.

We are not playing well but I don’t think we are in danger of being cut adrift yet…maybe after 10 games is a better reference point.

It’s more that it’s a first-time record - i.e. it’s never happened before.

Seems nuts that it’s this Arsenal side that’s broken it.

And not only once, but twice in the same match by different players.

We’ve had some dreadful times, and some extremely low possession lately.

I think Allan held a mad record like least touches in a match or something (away against the rs when Lampard was manager)

Gap is starting to open up at the bottom. If we can’t beat Palace then it’s not looking great is it.
I look at the head start (deserved by good performances) Forest have on us (8 points) and I'd argue that's already one of the relegation candidates it will take some effort to finish above.

The fella didn't even need to make an amazing start to the season, just 4/5 points from our opening games would of had us all sat here saying we are on par.

The bar is low (which he has created that narrative) for us to be seen as performing ok. To be performing under that bar is unforgivable.

Really hope JB comes back in and helps us get some semblance of control in our defending, which he should as he’s a rolls Royce defender, but we’re piling massive pressure on a young cb, when there’s clearly much much deeper problems and issues around our tactics, player fitness and overall play with this manager that JB cannot resolve on his own and need addressing.

The current issues ain’t the problem of missing one player, even as good as JB is, but removing Keane from the side will of course help us immensely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back