2024/25 Sean Dyche

We are in practically the same position we were in after 5 games last season.
The teams in 12/13th position have 5-6 points the same as last year and if we beat Palace we will have 4 points exactly the same as we were after beating Bournemouth after 6 games.

We are not playing well but I don’t think we are in danger of being cut adrift yet…maybe after 10 games is a better reference point.
Understand that perspective. 2 wins throws you up the table massively (Dyce has done this twice after bad runs).

I saw its never happened before for 6 teams to not of won a game yet after 5 matches, the level at the bottom half of this league is woeful, which makes our points haul so far unforgiveable.

Forest already 8 points (almost 3 wins) ahead of us.
Leicester away should be seen to 90% of the league as a victory, as should Boournemouth at home. We got 1 point.

Even after this run of decent fixtures, which i'm sure we will pick up 3 wins minimum from, the harder fixtures come around and we begin the cycle again of 'X amount of games without a win' and have this debate all over again

Dyche didn't beat that yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-23 114135.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-23 114135.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 3

I don't think any new owner will put up with Dyche's ramblings for too long myself.
Aye. Tbf he's done VERY well for the board of Everton, essentially being their mouthpiece for 18 months, reminding fans that there is no money, that we're crap, that our best players are getting sold, etc.

I think as soon as a real owner comes in they won't want him acting as the Everton spokesperson any more and will realise he's on a path to relegating us and halving their investment inside of 10 months - they gotta get rid simply due to the risk factor alone.

Why do you think that is?

Our best player has been injured all season and our 2nd most valuable player was sold before a ball was kicked.

Again, the Football is difficult to watch, the substitutions have been poor at times and the results haven't been good enough. He absolutely deserves criticism.

But, without doubt, he hasn't been given the tools to make the team better. He's been doing the job (well, mostly) with one arm tied behind his back.
And he's been handcuffing the other hand to the dugout railings.

I understand the ridiculous limitations he has been working under. But to blow four successive leads through poor game management and bad substitutions is hugely disappointing when he's had time to make the squad his own and come up with a strategy that suits the collective, whatever its limitations. These are HIS players now. This is his squad.

And he's been handcuffing the other hand to the dugout railings.

I understand the ridiculous limitations he has been working under. But to blow four successive leads through poor game management and bad substitutions is hugely disappointing when he's had time to make the squad his own and come up with a strategy that suits the collective, whatever its limitations. These are HIS players now. This is his squad.

Totally disagree mate. I don’t think it’s fair or accurate to blame losing any of those 4 leads entirely on Dyche. Against Bournemouth, I personally feel the players were mostly at fault.

He’s had plenty of time to work with the players and I believe he’s drawn similar conclusions to those we have. It’s thin on quality in key areas in the first eleven. The drop off in quality from the first team to the bench is stark. And there’s absolutely nothing he can do about it as there is no money to move players out and bring new players in.

He’s mostly trying to sprinkle glitter on the turd at this point and any other manager would be the same until the ownership changes (which is hopefully very soon).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back