2024/25 Sean Dyche

Do wonder how he'll change with genuine owner pressure on him.
I reckon he could end up getting binned quite quickly. Ideally you’d imagine they’d want a stable season, let Dyche do his job then leave at the end of his contract. But if new owners come in and it’s clear Dyche has no long term future…. Well we’ve all seen how that plays out with other teams.

We escaped relegation with relative ease last season (for us of late anyway). I think that's given some the belief we can push on to mid table and beyond and that "we have the players now" to do that. Well, we cant and we dont.

We have the quality of players we have to get us to maybe 14th at a push 13th (with a fair wind behind us). That's our level and that's ok for now. But if we start with the managerial merry-go-round again we can forget about surviving with a couple of weeks to spare.
Tolerance; not putting up with people's foibles
Rather Measurement Tolerances - as in things (like Dyches Substitute Policy) are never exactly spot on, like 1inch, they're close but they might be 1.004in or 0.996 shown as 1.000 +or- .004
So '14th at a push' is actually at the top end of Dyches range
And his target position is therefore a nominal 17th +or- 3

This is what's worrying me.
Due to the streaky nature of his management process it's a bit of a lottery where in his 'range' he will finally finish.
I don't think we should be keeping a manager who's results are basically a spin of the wheel of fortune wheel.
There's some who believe we'll get an Emery in, or someone less proven but equally effective. They're barking mad. No manager of quality will touch a squad like this unless they get a massive pay check, and that's the route that's got us where we are right now: paying off the latest flavour of the month and their backroom staff.

Based on them not being very good.
They play Bournemouth at home next, so whoever wins isn't a good reflection on us as we couldn't beat either
Well, they drew at home to Spurs and us and lost narrowly to Villa so surely that alone doesnt give you licence to just make numbers up about them being an expected away win for 90pc of Premier League teams? You think going there for us on Saturday was an expected win in the form weve been in? Read the match thread on here before the game and most people had written us off and had it as a guaranteed loss. Outside of the obvious handful of teams I dont think anyone goes away in this league and sees games as an easy guaranteed win.

Really Mike.

I look at it like we are within 3pts of 6 other teams

So the usual story of this fine period in our history, as bad as we are there’s plenty who are worse or not much better

For now

That’s all well and good if we beat Palace like. That’s how finely it’s balanced. If we don’t beat Palace we’re in huge trouble for me. A defeat is a crisis and should result in the manager losing his job.

I reckon he could end up getting binned quite quickly. Ideally you’d imagine they’d want a stable season, let Dyche do his job then leave at the end of his contract. But if new owners come in and it’s clear Dyche has no long term future…. Well we’ve all seen how that plays out with other teams.
I can’t see any new owners thinking he is worth £5m a year. He is gone at the end of the season.

But surely if they invest so much money taking over the club they may see Dyche as a threat to their investment i.e. getting us relegated. I suppose it depends on how long the takeover takes to complete and what results are achieved by Dyche whilst the takeover progresses

But surely if they invest so much money taking over the club they may see Dyche as a threat to their investment i.e. getting us relegated. I suppose it depends on how long the takeover takes to complete and what results are achieved by Dyche whilst the takeover progresses
Exactly that I think. If results improve and we look safe then I think they’ll give him until the end of the season and then put their own person in place. However we’ve seen with other clubs like West Ham that knowing the manager is going sometimes has a negative effect.

Lets be honest, there is no way does he survive any take over. Nobody is going to spend mega millions and then leave this fella (and the rest of our hierarchy) running (ruining) their shiny new investment. The question is how long does he survive before any takeover or should i say how much more damage will he be allowed to inflict before any take over.

Tolerance; not putting up with people's foibles
Rather Measurement Tolerances - as in things (like Dyches Substitute Policy) are never exactly spot on, like 1inch, they're close but they might be 1.004in or 0.996 shown as 1.000 +or- .004
So '14th at a push' is actually at the top end of Dyches range
And his target position is therefore a nominal 17th +or- 3

This is what's worrying me.
Due to the streaky nature of his management process it's a bit of a lottery where in his 'range' he will finally finish.
I don't think we should be keeping a manager who's results are basically a spin of the wheel of fortune wheel.
Yep. It's NOT guaranteed survival with Dyche. But it's a better bet than bringing in some new flavour of the month and hoping they make DCL score more goals.

I'm a pragmatist: safety will do. 17th. Anything more is an unexpected bonus - for now.

Our supporters get that, it's only a noisy minority that dont and who would gamble our future away with a panic sacking.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back