2024/25 Sean Dyche

Totally disagree mate. I don’t think it’s fair or accurate to blame losing any of those 4 leads entirely on Dyche. Against Bournemouth, I personally feel the players were mostly at fault.

He’s had plenty of time to work with the players and I believe he’s drawn similar conclusions to those we have. It’s thin on quality in key areas in the first eleven. The drop off in quality from the first team to the bench is stark. And there’s absolutely nothing he can do about it as there is no money to move players out and bring new players in.

He’s mostly trying to sprinkle glitter on the turd at this point and any other manager would be the same until the ownership changes (which is hopefully very soon).

He picks the players, subs the players & sets the playstyle along with how they're trained.

He actively admitted late into pre-season they hadn't start working on anything but fitness and so far it's shown.

Still can't close games out, still can't keep clean sheets.

What are they being taught during the week?

Totally disagree mate. I don’t think it’s fair or accurate to blame losing any of those 4 leads entirely on Dyche. Against Bournemouth, I personally feel the players were mostly at fault.

He’s had plenty of time to work with the players and I believe he’s drawn similar conclusions to those we have. It’s thin on quality in key areas in the first eleven. The drop off in quality from the first team to the bench is stark. And there’s absolutely nothing he can do about it as there is no money to move players out and bring new players in.

He’s mostly trying to sprinkle glitter on the turd at this point and any other manager would be the same until the ownership changes (which is hopefully very soon).
If that were the case, then there is no need for a manager at all.

I, too, blame the players - they are cowards and, at best, mediocre in most cases - but if the manager is as impotent in the face of all this as you claim, well, why are we employing him?

I am enduring Dyche at the moment. He did a good job for the last 18 months. But he's fast reaching his sell-by date with this squad if the first five games are representative of what's to come. Here's hoping he can start getting a little more out of himself and this rabble.

He picks the players, subs the players & sets the playstyle along with how they're trained.

He actively admitted late into pre-season they hadn't start working on anything but fitness and so far it's shown.

Still can't close games out, still can't keep clean sheets.

What are they being taught during the week?

If you’re working with a set of very limited Footballers (and I think it’s fair to say that’s the conclusion), the absolute best you can do with them is make them organised in terms of shape and as fit as they can possibly be so that they are difficult to beat.

Last season, our defence was exceptional. Not just average, exceptional. Dyche deserves credit for that. This season, it’s completely different. No Jarrad, no Onana have probably played their parts in that, as well as mistakes from usually reliable players in key moments.

We’re 5 games in and, as bad as it looks, I think he deserves a bit more time to get them regrouped as he has done before.

If you’re working with a set of very limited Footballers (and I think it’s fair to say that’s the conclusion), the absolute best you can do with them is make them organised in terms of shape and as fit as they can possibly be so that they are difficult to beat.

Last season, our defence was exceptional. Not just average, exceptional. Dyche deserves credit for that. This season, it’s completely different. No Jarrad, no Onana have probably played their parts in that, as well as mistakes from usually reliable players in key moments.

We’re 5 games in and, as bad as it looks, I think he deserves a bit more time to get them regrouped as he has done before.

If he can't organise a defence without Branthwaite who he said he doesn't even coach, then I don't know what to really praise him for.

I agree with the first sentence. The players on the pitch need to take accountability when two goals up and see the game out better. Dyche has made SOME bad decisions in games that have certainly contributed but it is getting to the point now where the guy cant make a substitution without every tactical mastermind on here saying its the wrong one and the reason we havent won the game which isnt necessarily the case.

Understand that perspective. 2 wins throws you up the table massively (Dyce has done this twice after bad runs).

I saw its never happened before for 6 teams to not of won a game yet after 5 matches, the level at the bottom half of this league is woeful, which makes our points haul so far unforgiveable.

Forest already 8 points (almost 3 wins) ahead of us.
Leicester away should be seen to 90% of the league as a victory, as should Boournemouth at home. We got 1 point.

Even after this run of decent fixtures, which i'm sure we will pick up 3 wins minimum from, the harder fixtures come around and we begin the cycle again of 'X amount of games without a win' and have this debate all over again
We got our first point at Sheffield United last season after 5 games…they were miles worse than Leicester currently are. Forest were 5 points ahead of us at the same stage.
We had 10 points after 10 games last season and that’s what we need as a minimum and that should be the target to maintain pace with last season as that should easily get us to 40 points(without deductions).

I don’t want Dyche as the long term manager but given the chaos off the pitch then we are stuck with him until that is resolved or we still have 1 point after 10 games.

We have a very poor squad of players but I think they are still playing for him and as disappointed as we all are at the season’s start it’s no different to the last one.

If he can't organise a defence without Branthwaite who he said he doesn't even coach, then I don't know what to really praise him for.

If we’re going to criticise him for his playing style and the manner of defeats this season (which is absolutely fair, it’s been awful) then it’s appropriate to balance that with credit for producing an excellent defensive record across a 38 game season in really tough circumstances.

With a more settled back four, Jarrad back, Myko back and maybe Patterson at RB, he’s done it before, we’re all hopeful he can get them producing that sort of form again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back