2024/25 Sean Dyche

Well, it's horses for courses. He did the job he was asked to do for us: keep us up. Nothing else was required by the ownership. He was well paid for that. He will find similar employment in the future.
Can we ban this from being a term please?

He's done the bare minimum asked of him, and we don't know if that is even the case after the start to the season he has had.

Including cup games, which includes wins against might Doncaster x 2 he has a record of 23 wins in 70 games a win percentage of 32%, that's me being kind to him by not just giving out his league record.

Do you go into work every day looking to do the job 'you are asked to do', or are you ambitious and try to do the best job you can do?

He's done the bare minimum asked of him, and we don't know if that is even the case after the start to the season he has had.

Including cup games, which includes wins against might Doncaster x 2 he has a record of 23 wins in 70 games a win percentage of 32%, that's me being kind to him by not just giving out his league record.

Do you go into work every day looking to do the job 'you are asked to do', or are you ambitious and try to do the best job you can do?
Did you expect more than 48 points last season?

Get a grip. He was managing an absolute bin fire. We are lucky to still be a top flight club.

Which was always the end game for Dyche once we signed him and Moshiri wanted to sell the club.

The job is done. If the new owners want to spend in January and are able to due to the PS&R position and can bring in their preferred target then this is an extremely good outcome that was unlikely to be possible if we were in the championship or lower.

The Everton world could look extremely different than it does right now and maybe some of Dyche and Thelwell’s critics could ponder on that before inanely slamming the people who have kept the club afloat and delivered us to new owners as a premier league outfit. After all, Textor and Friedkin weren’t scrabbling around to desperately buy any of the championship clubs were they?
Dyche and thelwell have earned their keep here and achieved their remit.

Dyche and thelwell have earned their keep here and achieved their remit.

Do you want to go to Alton Towers this weekend?
There's a concert to go see next week if you fancy it?
Wanna go out with this 10 out of 10 girl that fancy you?

No thanks, my remit in life is to just stay alive, and i for one will not venture away from that remit.

I’m not sure what you job is but I’m pretty sure you would struggle to an elite job while the company above you is being badly run, not proving you with tools, maybe letting you best colleague go and bringing a cheap replacement.

No thanks, my remit in life is to just stay alive, and i for one will not venture away from that remit.

He has been involved in Crisis Management. Appreciate we are probably different generations here though…

It’s more akin to: if you’re a patient on life support and someone offers you the chance to go back to just staying alive by yourself you don’t turn around to the doctor the literal moment after they’re finished and verbally abuse them because they’ve not taken you to Alton Towers yet, and that’s what you expect in life.

Progressions the name of the game. Dyche stopped us from going into the championship, then climbed the table. Yao by your logic you may as well slam him for not winning title because that’s what playing football is all about #nsno

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back