2024/25 Sean Dyche

You watch at his presser on Thurs, he will be smiling away like he has just won manager of the month, he will get asked a question have you spoken to the new prospective owners? His answer will be interesting because if he hasn't, they will not be arsed with him and as soon as they get sorted he is gone 😃👍

If he says yes a brief chat, same result

If he says yes they have big ambitions and maybe it's a chance to shop in different shops, then he may be here a bit longer than we all want 🤒

I see both sides, I see all the things about him that irritate people, they often irritate me. I don't think he will ever improve as a manager either. However, last season to essentially be safe with a couple of games to go, to get 48 points with the crap at his disposal, it's something we should not forget too quickly. Long term we do need to shake hands and move on imo I agree.
I don't even suggest we forget - he's done well the 1st time around and did... the job, last year, kudos for that. But he should under almost no circumstance manage us past this year.

Hopefully we start going for actual results soon, not just barely surviving, and imo he's not the man for a job like this. I'd love to be wrong (as I've said a billion times now ffs) and for him to miraculously become Sean "El Brexit Cholo" Dyche, but I honestly don't think he's got it in him to be that kind of person (ignoring all the rest of Simeone's traits too). I'm not basing this on my own dislike of him, this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - just on his own use of excuses for just about anything and the bringing up of Burnley days and our points troubles last year, stuff like that. No mental progress.

I'm wary of the same line of thought that had the previous managers stay for way longer and we were freefalling. We're very close to this again, as we're almost celebrating a draw against Leicester, who are favourites to go down. Don't think TFG would be like that as they seem a lot more proactive, so we'll see how that goes as well (as we are still Everton and liable to eff everything up obviously).

Hopefully we're in the Prem for the first season at BMD at least :lol:

Which was always the end game for Dyche once we signed him and Moshiri wanted to sell the club.

The job is done. If the new owners want to spend in January and are able to due to the PS&R position and can bring in their preferred target then this is an extremely good outcome that was unlikely to be possible if we were in the championship or lower.

The Everton world could look extremely different than it does right now and maybe some of Dyche and Thelwell’s critics could ponder on that before inanely slamming the people who have kept the club afloat and delivered us to new owners as a premier league outfit. After all, Textor and Friedkin weren’t scrabbling around to desperately buy any of the championship clubs were they?
Thank god Lampard kept us up after Benitez to allow Dyche to come in when we were still a PL team right?

Which was always the end game for Dyche once we signed him and Moshiri wanted to sell the club.

The job is done. If the new owners want to spend in January and are able to due to the PS&R position and can bring in their preferred target then this is an extremely good outcome that was unlikely to be possible if we were in the championship or lower.

The Everton world could look extremely different than it does right now and maybe some of Dyche and Thelwell’s critics could ponder on that before inanely slamming the people who have kept the club afloat and delivered us to new owners as a premier league outfit. After all, Textor and Friedkin weren’t scrabbling around to desperately buy any of the championship clubs were they?
Textor was interested in buying QPR...

More time/until the end of the season if he manages to stop being a crap manager we can probably endure, through gritted teeth. I suspect he'd be given at least until January, but this might be the first time here where he faces pressure to perform, rather than just barely survive. New owners would mean new money/new direction, and what Textor asked is quite valid imho - can he do it with players that don't fit his only idea/way to play (in other words - improve as manager)? He's a known one dimensional manager who sticks to the thing he knows, that's not news, and if he continues to misuse players (and so on and so forth) - why would they keep him past this year?

He'll be done when his contract is up, will get fired if things don't improve. Like anyone.

Its just the excitement that people think the first thing the owner is gonna do is start firing people left right and centre and this new Everton begins January 2025. It won't happen.

Way I see it is...He's drop a billion quid, make sure things are running smooth and that the stadium is all sorted. If we're in a stable position in the league, may throw in a transfer in January. See it out for the rest of the season and start plans in the summer.

Don't forget we've got another PSR hearing booked in

He'll be done when his contract is up, will get fired if things don't improve. Like anyone.

Its just the excitement that people think the first thing the owner is gonna do is start firing people left right and centre and this new Everton begins January 2025. It won't happen.

Way I see it is...He's drop a billion quid, make sure things are running smooth and that the stadium is all sorted. If we're in a stable position in the league, may throw in a transfer in January. See it out for the rest of the season and start plans in the summer.

I was thinking of having chips for tea. If I do would you piss on them for me please? ;)

Thank god Lampard kept us up after Benitez to allow Dyche to come in when we were still a PL team right?

It’s been an extremely fortunate sequence of events that has allowed us to avoid a financial domesday and retain our PL status. I’m not sure how Everton have ended up with a new stadium and new owners after sieving the Moshiri years but somehow it’s happened.

Textor was interested in buying QPR...

He wasn’t racing to sell his Palace stake to get them though was he?

The investment proposition if this club had been in the championship would have been comelltely different and our potential owners would have been different. All the debt would have remained but the revenue slashed significantly.

You watch at his presser on Thurs, he will be smiling away like he has just won manager of the month, he will get asked a question have you spoken to the new prospective owners? His answer will be interesting because if he hasn't, they will not be arsed with him and as soon as they get sorted he is gone 😃👍

If he says yes a brief chat, same result

If he says yes they have big ambitions and maybe it's a chance to shop in different shops, then he may be here a bit longer than we all want 🤒
This needs to be a rocket up his jacksie!! He talks like a manager who feels he is untouchable, like he can't be sacked. That may have been the case but if these come in that quickly changes. As far as I'm concerned he's now fighting for his job. Every game he is fighting for his job because this lot won't settle for for 13 games without a win like last season, or 4 loses in a row, bottom of the form table, bottom in almost every stat.
He's now on trial.

He wasn’t racing to sell his Palace stake to get them though was he?

The investment proposition if this club had been in the championship would have been comelltely different and our potential owners would have been different. All the debt would have remained but the revenue slashed significantly.
Oh, I agree in general. It was critical we remained in the top flight and for that Dyche deserves huge credit in ridiculous circumstances.

I'm just not sure Textor was really racing to get rid of his Palace shares for us, either. He was all bluster and guff.

Yeah makes sense. I think he's probably gonna see the year out unless we hit rock bottom quite heavily (or at least heavier than now I guess, as we're not last only by the grace of our name :lol:).

We'll probably buy a player or two in January, finances permitting obvs, but I don't think they'll be Dyche 'type' players.

Although, there is the quite hilarious/sad possibility that Friedkin likes Dyche and lets him stay, extending his contract... But let's not talk about doomsday scenarios.

Sooner keep Dyche
If he gets few results .
he needs pionts out of the next two,
if we go into the break in the same position .
It's the ideal time for a new manager to get brought In.
Saturday is a big day for Dyche's future at the club, let's see if he is up for it.
I jusr dont see how southgate gets much of anything from this squad. He had a sporting chance at middlesbrough, got relegated. Turned up for the E u21s and then the england job proper with what is arguably the best section of players in a generation, and i think most if not all.would agree, he should have, at least, won the world cup with them.

I dont think he knows his tactics too well, and id be hugely worried hed just want to buy his mates, maguire et al make an even bigger, more expensive mess than we have now.

I just dont rate him one bit. Im a better manager than him, based on my footy manager profile.. hes just beyond an awful manager.

So yeah if that were the case stick with SD, better the devil you know...

But, its not us that makes the big decisions, we can just moan about them when they invariably go wrong, its what it is being an everton fan i suppose

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back