2024/25 Sean Dyche

Sooner keep Dyche
If he gets few results .
he needs pionts out of the next two,
if we go into the break in the same position .
It's the ideal time for a new manager to get brought In.
Saturday is a big day for Dyche's future at the club, let's see if he is up for it.
Saturday is not a big day for dyche, he won’t be our manager much longer win a few games or not. And it won’t be Southgate that’s just nonsense

I cannot imagine any scenario where this fella keeps his job. I don't think it matters what he does now. The new guys will do a full revamp and bring people of their own choosing in from top to bottom and I highly doubt one of them will be Southgate. That was just a silly internet rumour that went viral through repeating it.

I cannot imagine any scenario where this fella keeps his job. I don't think it matters what he does now. The new guys will do a full revamp and bring people of their own choosing in from top to bottom and I highly doubt one of them will be Southgate. That was just a silly internet rumour that went viral through repeating it.
Exactly. There’s no way a new owner comes in, wanting to make a success of things, and appoints a manager with an abysmal club record.

If they don’t deem Dyche good enough, they’ll either go for a big, established name like Carlo, claiming they’ll get full financial backing/new project etc, or they’ll pick an up-and-coming, young, trackie-wearing manager with loads of potential.

Either way, they won’t be lobbing bags of cash at Gareth. Nonsense rumour.

Basking in the excitement of getting rid of them rather than respecting the jobs they've done.

January 23, Lampard fired, Gordon sold, no replacement.

If you’d said at that point that a manager would come in, keep us up that season, then keep us up the next season gaining 48 points whilst surviving two separate points deductions, all whilst turning a transfer profit every season, and would then deliver us to new owners as a premier league outfit..

I’d think the vast majority of Everton fans would have absolutely jumped at that outcome. That’s what Dyche and Thelwell have achieved, it’s not my opinion it’s a fact. If people want to cry about it in retrospect from the lofty position of financial security and PL status then they can do but it holds no credence for me. Bigger picture the job Dyche did was the one we needed, and if he hadn’t done it, there’s no Friedkin group and we’re probably leading the stadium in the championship in administration selling every playing asset we have. That was the alternative.

The job is done now Friedkin has taken over so I don’t really care what happens from this point. If we keep him until end of the season then fine, if the new owners have a manager in mind and want to change then all good as it will be a long term one rather than a panicked Moshiri interim suggested by an agent.

If you’d said at that point that a manager would come in, keep us up that season, then keep us up the next season gaining 48 points whilst surviving two separate points deductions, all whilst turning a transfer profit every season, and would then deliver us to new owners as a premier league outfit..

I’d think the vast majority of Everton fans would have absolutely jumped at that outcome. That’s what Dyche and Thelwell have achieved, it’s not my opinion it’s a fact. If people want to cry about it in retrospect from the lofty position of financial security and PL status then they can do but it holds no credence for me. Bigger picture the job Dyche did was the one we needed, and if he hadn’t done it, there’s no Friedkin group and we’re probably leading the stadium in the championship in administration selling every playing asset we have. That was the alternative.

The job is done now Friedkin has taken over so I don’t really care what happens from this point. If we keep him until end of the season then fine, if the new owners have a manager in mind and want to change then all good as it will be a long term one rather than a panicked Moshiri interim suggested by an agent.

Same view.

Personally think he's doing/done a superb job within the confines of what he's had to deal with. Lets not forget an 8 point deduction that I don't think many managers would over come - which gets completely dismissed out of hand.

It's also funny you see rumours that Potter could be interested now the ownership issue is resolved. If true...just shows you how much of a poison chalice we have been and how much the job wasn't for anyone...even though most fans think we'd bag any manager cos of the badge.

I dunno.... They did appoint Daniele De Rossi.
What's worse is that they gave him more than the rest of the season. IIRC the option was for him to take over until the end of season, he started off well, they handed him the permanent job, and the rot started setting in, now the person who handed him the job permanently is also resigning.

You could say they didn't trust the process, but you could also say that they cut off the problem early. What follows after this is more important.

Utd had the same rumour flying around earlier this summer
Since leaving England Southgate has become the bogeyman

I know it's been a bit pants so far, but I do think people are quick to forget that last season was quite possibly the worst in the club's living memory and we still managed to stay up. Whether the new owners are prepared to give him time or feel he's done his job is up to them, but short term he's earned more time from me.

you still trying to spin the narrative that he was our best player?

he came in and won a few games and stayed up more so because the teams below us were unbeleivably terrible, they won 1 game between them in their last 15 games, if we never had that new manager bounce in the first couple of games, we'd have gone down, if he never dropped Keane for Mina FINALLY, we'd have gone down.

he done well last season overall, but we still went months without a win which isnt good enough.

terrible manager

I know it's been a bit pants so far, but I do think people are quick to forget that last season was quite possibly the worst in the club's living memory and we still managed to stay up. Whether the new owners are prepared to give him time or feel he's done his job is up to them, but short term he's earned more time from me.
More time/until the end of the season if he manages to stop being a crap manager we can probably endure, through gritted teeth. I suspect he'd be given at least until January, but this might be the first time here where he faces pressure to perform, rather than just barely survive. New owners would mean new money/new direction, and what Textor asked is quite valid imho - can he do it with players that don't fit his only idea/way to play (in other words - improve as manager)? He's a known one dimensional manager who sticks to the thing he knows, that's not news, and if he continues to misuse players (and so on and so forth) - why would they keep him past this year?

More time/until the end of the season if he manages to stop being a crap manager we can probably endure, through gritted teeth. I suspect he'd be given at least until January, but this might be the first time here where he faces pressure to perform, rather than just barely survive. New owners would mean new money/new direction, and what Textor asked is quite valid imho - can he do it with players that don't fit his only idea/way to play (in other words - improve as manager)? He's a known one dimensional manager who sticks to the thing he knows, that's not news, and if he continues to misuse players (and so on and so forth) - why would they keep him past this year?
I see both sides, I see all the things about him that irritate people, they often irritate me. I don't think he will ever improve as a manager either. However, last season to essentially be safe with a couple of games to go, to get 48 points with the crap at his disposal, it's something we should not forget too quickly. Long term we do need to shake hands and move on imo I agree.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back