2024/25 Sean Dyche

You're right we will never know for sure about Lampard taking us down but it certainly looked that way. He looked like a beaten man in the interviews, we were in the bottom 3 and it wasn't clear where the next win was coming from. Dyche came in under those circumstances and kept us up.

I agree that's a poor stat about not coming from behind and 6 in 25 but ultimately doesn't mean much in terms of his overall record. Managers get judged over the course of a season unless they look like they're taking you down. He's also won 5 out the last 11.

I agree he's not the most tactically progressive but again it's a results based business, if he had nothing about him we would have been relegated last season. Don't think we have that much of a better squad than under Benitez/ Lampard. We still had Richarlson, Digne, Gordon, Mina etc. Were probably a bit stronger in certain areas. Probably a bit stronger overall but not sure there's much in it.

I do think Benitez and Lampard both had worse starting 11-15’s. Dyche has options, Branthwaite coming through has been massive for him too.

Digne was sold early under Benitez and Mykolenko was bedding in.

I just don’t get it with Dyche and how he is defended. Maybe the fact we have gone through so many managers in the last 10 years buys him time but his record since joining is awful. 33% is awful.

All opinions though mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back