2024/25 Sean Dyche

really, the man who called Ronald Koeman moon head because he got us 7th and lamented posters who said 7th was good enough for this club

You let your standards drop and the current situation become the new norm.

I honestly thought better of you.
I lamented him because he spent £200M and had us rooted to the foot of the table.

That's a *slight* difference to today.

Winning 5 games in 10 months is far worse than spending £200m and finishing 7th
We're in the worst period in the club's history, I would say.

However we survive is the right way.

I've seen this manager save us in successive seasons when we really had no right to survive.

Forget good football...though we're playing better IMO.

Let's just get to safety and take it from there. The board aren't going to sack Dyche even if we lost another few games. We were a finish away from a big result there today against a team well better than us in most departments. We're competitive. If I were another team down there near the bottom I'd see that and I'd want Everton to panic and sack the manager.

• we're still 2 points from 15th after 4 losses
  • Branthwaite has been a massive absence, and he'll come back in soon
  • the team are competing for the manager and look good at times in open play
  • we're getting goals

...let's not panic just yet.
I want some of what you’re taking…
•Brainthwaite will not fix all the issues, he will help.
•I don’t think they are competing for the manager. A goal down they shut down, have a lead and they fal to pieces. They don’t trust the system.
•We are getting goals but leaking them on our own net.

This team looks and plays like a team destined for relegation. The manager is clueless and they are mentally fragile. Something needs to change asap and it’s more than a player coming back into the squad.

I want some of what you’re taking…
•Brainthwaite will not fix all the issues, he will help.
•I don’t think they are competing for the manager. A goal down they shut down, have a lead and they fal to pieces. They don’t trust the system.
•We are getting goals but leaking them on our own net.

This team looks and plays like a team destined for relegation. The manager is clueless and they are mentally fragile. Something needs to change asap and it’s more than a player coming back into the squad.
All about opinions I suppose.

I see a team up for a battle but getting no breaks atm.

And we're definitely a team that's looking like they can get on the ball and play through teams more.

As for Branthwaite: his partnership with Tarkowski last season had us near the top of the table in terms of defensive displays. To say he'd only "be of help" to us when back is *slightly* undercooking it a bit.

I mostly like your politics Dave, but you talk Shiite when it comes to our managers.
I try to remain loyal.

But Dyche has underlined twice that he can get us safe. That for me is the clincher.

Roll the dice on a new manager and we face sure fire oblivion if we get that call wrong.

But most of all...and as I've said already...why are people calling for his head when he's months away from ending his contract here? The board aren't handing out severance cash to another manager in a hurry.

Just accept it as a done deal that Dyche is here for the foreseeable and hope he turns this round. I'm sure he will, others think not.

That's about it really.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back