Transfer Thread Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long ago linked with big move to Man United. He had some injuries, some changes in manager and some poor form and he lost his way.

He is still young, he's available for cheap. This is exactly the kind of shrewd, low risk signing the club should be making. If the change of setting does not recharge him, we sell him and would likely get most of our money back.

It represents much less risk than paying £40-£50m for Matheus Nunes who we were linked with. Nunes would be more exciting but has a higher chance of going far wrong. In the clubs financial situation, it can not take these risks I think.

Good lord :eek:

The inevitable. Here we are…

Christ he's annoying

Actually pleased with the new arrivals so far in this window even Moshiri’s pick holds promise.
Hope we don’t ruin it by going for this non entity.
He lives off 13 games he played under Benitez, since then he’s done next to nothing.
He isn’t considered as good defensively as Hayden or as useful offensively as Shelvey , which says it all.
Third rate player from a second rate team.
Plus he’s a Geordie mutant.
Avoid.

IMG_20220114_065630.jpg

Actually pleased with the new arrivals so far in this window even Moshiri’s pick holds promise.
Hope we don’t ruin it by going for this non entity.
He lives off 13 games he played under Benitez, since then he’s done next to nothing.
He isn’t considered as good defensively as Hayden or as useful offensively as Shelvey , which says it all.
Third rate player from a second rate team.
Plus he’s a Geordie mutant.
Avoid.
Not considered by Bruce and Howe, two utterly wank managers.

It represents much less risk than paying £40-£50m for Matheus Nunes who we were linked with. Nunes would be more exciting but has a higher chance of going far wrong. In the clubs financial situation, it can not take these risks I think.
£18m, and I’d imagine his wages would be considerably less than a current PL player. So over the course of their contracts it would work out the same

Plus, Longstaff is gash

Less than £1.5m and he gets a free hit.
Might be the younger legs we need in CM.
Not expecting him to be Bracewell or anything.

It might not work out. But picking up an out of form player who has lost their way a bit for dead cheap was the hallmarks of our sides under Moyes.
I second this.

If it was moyes who had come in instead of Benitez this summer. And he signed longstaff we would be praising him for signing cheap squad players. Benitez has got far too much wrong. But two thirds of the lads he wanted haven’t done too bad. So I’m ok with giving a chance to anyone he brings in atm

Even with it being a nominal fee, his ceiling and potential upside aren't particularly high (based off 3+ years of evidence), and so the likelihood is that we'll just be left with another fairly limited midfielder who excels at nothing in particular, and who we'll struggle to clear out later down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.