Self entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so much to take in. So many players linked. Every sporting media outlet has Everton on the main pages everyday it seems. We are being admired for how we are doing it too.
Also GOT seems busier than ever & is taking bloody ages to keep up with on a daily basis.
If we can't enjoy this then what is the point in going through all the hard times.
We have 'never gone away' but it's so refreshing for the club to be all over the papers for positive things. The media has really sat up and taken notice about the change in the club. Sadly in football terms, we see teams trying to 'develop their brand'. Everton have long since been left behind by other clubs in that regard. New owner, new DOF making his influence known, under 23 champions (probably one if the best and admired academies in the country) new stadium on the horizon, deal with a Chinese bank which will enhance our chance of gaining a foothold in the Asian market.
The media are sensing that a 'sleeping giant' is awakening, its been 'asleep' for too long (since the mid 90s if the truth be told) with an incompetent board, who lacked the finances and foresight required to compete at the highest level.

Not really arsed how other people see us, but getting impatient isn't going to help when we're in the midst of what will be a long ranging process

We're going to have to Spurs this, not City or Chelsea it

I think once everyone accepts that, we'll all be much calmer and happier for it
If one thing Everton fans are it's patient. However the expenditure seen this summer I'm expecting a realistic challenge for the top 4, but would accept a top 6 position (due to level if competition above us). Significant runs in either of the cup competitions (we desperately need to win something soon) Southampton nearly did it last year, why not us? Lastly a great run in Europe, seeing a full house at goodison under the lights in Europe, you can't beat it. Who knows we might even win it.

Not really arsed how other people see us, but getting impatient isn't going to help when we're in the midst of what will be a long ranging process

We're going to have to Spurs this, not City or Chelsea it

I think once everyone accepts that, we'll all be much calmer and happier for it
I could live with us being in the position Spurs are in as a club right now club Mikey, i really could at least initially anyway. Not like they're in an awful position fight now is it.

I could live with us being in the position Spurs are in as a club right now club Mikey, i really could At least initially anyway. Not like they're in an awful position fight now is it.

It took them a while to get there, probably 5 years at least, and there were ups and downs along the way

We're about 18 months into an ongoing project, there's still many more hills to climb, so we need to be patient

Self entitlement?

Citeh
Chelski
RS
Man U
Arsenal

All think they are entitled to win things before a ball is kicked.

Deluded

Newcastle
Now Leicester

Both think they are a cut above the rest for no reason whatsoever.

Ambitious & hungry

Everton
Spurs

Couldn't care less what other fans think of us. We need a bit of snide in our team - too long we've been the nice guy "after you sir" of the Prem. Bring on Koeman's Snides ;)

We need players who would casually run past his opposite number and lob a nice thick green loogy in in their ear without batting an eyelid.

Self entitlement?

Ambitious & hungry

Everton
Spurs

Would have put Spurs in the deluded category a few years back as they've had nothing but being in that there London for years. Seems like a really well ran outfit now that works hard on what they're doing rather than bleating about history. Definitely the kind of example we should be following.

I am 37, I don't remember 87 but I was at Wembley in 95.
We have been awful or second rate since I consciously loved my Club.
We have got money for the first time in in my time and some of us are acting like Citeh supporting spoilt brats.

We are spending money at levels we have not done in my time. We are buying or are linked with players that would have given us two fingers in the past, but we as fans are starting to act like we are entitled to success - we are not.

We support the most loveable club in the World. But we don't earn that status as being the most boss fans by being blerts.

Don't turn to RS. Don't be new wave Citeh. Be cool. We are the best. It will happen. We will be back. We are a grand old team
After 30 years plucky little Everton isn't good enough.

I don't care if you think that makes me entitled.

Barca, Utd, Real etc fans are entitled. Being not entitled just allows owners to get away with mediocrity.

After 30 years plucky little Everton isn't good enough.

I don't care if you think that makes me entitled.

Barca, Utd, Real etc fans are entitled. Being not entitled just allows owners to get away with mediocrity.

For this process and project to work it needs to be given time

What we shouldn't do is start stomping our feet and demanding success right away. That's what the OP was getting at and it's a sentiment that has merit IMO

Yes we should expect improvement every season, but we also must be patient

Unlike in the past the club appears to have an actual plan now

Getting pent up and demanding things at this stage undermines the whole endeavour

They need just a little bit more patience from us. Let's let them have it

I could live with us being in the position Spurs are in as a club right now club Mikey, i really could at least initially anyway. Not like they're in an awful position fight now is it.
I'd love to be in Spurs' position whereby they have a young top striker, one of the best in the premiership, who is fully committed to his club and makes no noises about wanting to leave and for the club to show ambition.

We have got money for the first time in in my time and some of us are acting like Citeh supporting spoilt brats.

We are spending money at levels we have not done in my time. We are buying or are linked with players that would have given us two fingers in the past, but we as fans are starting to act like we are entitled to success - we are not

We have money to spend as we have become commercially savvy. We have more money because Sky and BT pay stupid amounts of cash that enable the PL to pay silly money for us finishing 7th. We made stupid money on the sale of Stones.

I dont feel a sense of entitlement. I would like a marquee signing, somebody like Morata who seems to have fallen from favour at Real Madrid, or Benzema maybe? Im level headed enough to realise that we probably wont get either.

Status
Not open for further replies.