Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat 3 teams they should have, drew with one who was decent, lost to one better than them, paint it up whatever you like out of tribalism, their performance is par for the course so far, I think that's fair

Croatia drew with 'the worst Russian side ever'/lowest-ranked team in the World Cup and Denmark, who aren't as good as Sweden.

Belgium were 2-0 down to Japan and scraped a 1-0 win over a second string England.

The only team who have performed in every match has been France. Are you criticising Belgium and Croatia as well, or just England?

Croatia drew with 'the worst Russian side ever'/lowest-ranked team in the World Cup and Denmark, who aren't as good as Sweden.

Belgium were 2-0 down to Japan and scraped a 1-0 win over a second string England.

The only team who have performed in every match has been France. Are you criticising Belgium and Croatia as well, or just England?

To be fair it was a second string Belgian side too...

Croatia have looked very poor considering the players they've got, bar one game against Argentina who don't have a defence. This seems to be getting overlooked though and England are the only team that have had easy games.

Croatia have beaten Argentina, Belgium just beat Brazil, is this a serious post?

I also don't believe I have criticized them, they have beaten the teams they should beat, I called their performance so far on par for the squad they have, sorry if that isn't fawning enough for you

Last edited:
Didnt Belgium had an easy route to the last 8? Three easy teams in their group, beat Japan who were/are ranked below the three they beat in the group. Four very easy games there if you ask me.

they were pretty naff and very lucky against the Aussies, not to mention the stunning 0-0 against Denmark

I really hope we can beat these on the day, it's going to be a really tough test.

England vs Belgium would be a great final.

Bring it home lads

I'll be extremely, extremely surprised if Croatia's midfield which includes Modric, Perisic and Rakitic is not able to dominate England's midfield and set up a hatful of chances for Mandzukic. As long as they've studied England's set piece routine and can shackle Kane, they should have more than enough to get to the grand finale.

Lucky draws happen, deal with it. The Germans certainly weren't complaining in 2002 when an even worse team than England's current team had an even easier route to the final. Not that I think England are gonna beat Croatia unfortunately. I think they'll show up our midfield weaknesses. But it's been fun getting this far.
Aye, Kane is pretty clinical when he gets chances and Pickford is full of confidence but if Croatia’s midfield has managed to recover from two 120 minute games they are likely to dominate.

But as you say will still have been fun getting this far!

As a Croatian, i am afraid of our tiredness, hope we can cope with it, England is full of players with pace so it would be difficult after last two games and penalties, but we have great mental strength, great atmosphere in our team and after long time great connection between our national team and supporters. And if you are in semis, you forget how tired you are (yes please). Hope Croatia will win, if not, England is my team in the final.

I'll be extremely, extremely surprised if Croatia's midfield which includes Modric, Perisic and Rakitic is not able to dominate England's midfield and set up a hatful of chances for Mandzukic. As long as they've studied England's set piece routine and can shackle Kane, they should have more than enough to get to the grand finale.

This is what worries me. We can"t really afford the luxury of Ali and Lingard in the same midfield. Its one or the other. Neither of them are physical players and the Croatian midfield will overrun us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back