Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it will be a 1 goal win for either team. Croatia have a player who can do something out of nothing whereas i'd say England have a better starting 11. Sterling playing like he can could swing it, as could fitness.

I'm just pleased I am in the 'i'd like England to do well' camp as opposed to being an England supporter as my nerves would be shot right now.

..as I said ahead of the last game, Henderson has been terrific. I was criticised for my comments but he then had another super game.

This is the post-Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard era and fine players though they were, this team at least looks like a team who have no agenda other than playing footy. It’ll be great watching the final on Sunday if England are in it. They have a very decent chance tonight based on Croatia’s recent games.

I feel pretty much the same. There was a big piece in The Times recently that showed in point form and with on field pictures how Henderson had influenced a lot of England's positional play in the W/C. It changed my point of view a bit as Im not usually a fan of his play (regardless of playing for them) but he has played a big role in the success we've had thus far.

I was hoping England win but after seeing the titheads smashing ambulances and taxis I'm very much back to my @ijjysmith neutrality and kind of want them to get smashed because England supporters are just massive [Poor language removed] for the most part.

Surprised there hasn't been more talk about Croatia's weakened back line with Vrsaljko out.
Is that lad Corluka playing? Remember him having the pace of an OAP when he was at SPurs, and I doubt he's got quicker in the interim. Sterling would annihilate him if it's hoofed long so should push them to sit deep all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back