Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping England win but after seeing the titheads smashing ambulances and taxis I'm very much back to my @ijjysmith neutrality and kind of want them to get smashed because England supporters are just massive [Poor language removed] for the most part.

The girl dancing on the ambulance was Scottish according to the Daily Record. But don't let that spoil the agenda.

I was hoping England win but after seeing the titheads smashing ambulances and taxis I'm very much back to my @ijjysmith neutrality and kind of want them to get smashed because England supporters are just massive [Poor language removed] for the most part.

What has the England footy team to do with a couple of idiot fans. They all have them including club teams like Everton.

Is that lad Corluka playing? Remember him having the pace of an OAP when he was at SPurs, and I doubt he's got quicker in the interim. Sterling would annihilate him if it's hoofed long so should push them to sit deep all game.

Yep. Čorluka will be at CB and Vida pushed out wide.

2nd real test for england after Columbia, expect this to be a tougher ask as Jamez was missing, if I was England fan the lack of control in midfield would be my concern, they lost they area very easily in the 2nd half against columbia, might be worth them being a bit cynical and not really competing in that area and be a bit more direct

But we are still in the Semi's so we will enjoy it. Croatia are not all that either, well not as good as England.
If we actually win the WC I don't think we will be bothered who we played or how we did it when Harry Kane holds the trophy aloft.

But we are still in the Semi's so we will enjoy it. Croatia are not all that either, well not as good as England.
If we actually win the WC I don't think we will be bothered who we played or how we did it when Harry Kane holds the trophy aloft.

If Belgium had a similar path to the final Martinez would be scoffed.

What has the England footy team to do with a couple of idiot fans. They all have them including club teams like Everton.
If only it were just a few bad eggs. They seem to get more than their fair share of idiots. The national team seems to bring it out of people in a way you don't normally see because of the tribal mentality.

It's different than with the club's because when it is England there's just more people on the same side who are less likely to call someone out for acting a tit.

I haven't seen any videos of Belgians or Croatians smashing [Poor language removed] up in public when they celebrated winning their quarter final but I'd love to see examples to reassure me that this level of behaviour is something other national team supporters do too.

of course not, but as I don't support the team I don't think its an unfair point to raise when trying to assess the match up which is a very interesting one, probably 50/50 in my mind, if england can stay focused and bring their wing backs into the game, which stones does very very well they have the edge, if croatia dictate play from the center they may well have the edge as for me england are poor in that area, so will have to remain disciplined and patient, as I don't think in tournament football you can play a high octane pressing game three times in 8 days in the heat. I'm looking forward to it though, France look too strong for either but you never know

If only it were just a few bad eggs. They seem to get more than their fair share of idiots. The national team seems to bring it out of people in a way you don't normally see because of the tribal mentality.

It's different than with the club's because when it is England there's just more people on the same side who are less likely to call someone out for acting a tit.

I haven't seen any videos of Belgians or Croatians smashing [Poor language removed] up in public when they celebrated winning their quarter final but I'd love to see examples to reassure me that this level of behaviour is something other national team supporters do too.

The Croatian and Belgian media will not be interested in a few isolated incidents unlike ours that look for it. If anything the Englands fans overall have probably been better behaved than in recent tournaments. Couple of isolated incidents is the norm for everyone. The Russian jumping on a police car is an example (even though he got pummelled for it)

of course not, but as I don't support the team I don't think its an unfair point to raise when trying to assess the match up which is a very interesting one, probably 50/50 in my mind, if england can stay focused and bring their wing backs into the game, which stones does very very well they have the edge, if croatia dictate play from the center they may well have the edge as for me england are poor in that area, so will have to remain disciplined and patient, as I don't think in tournament football you can play a high octane pressing game three times in 8 days in the heat. I'm looking forward to it though, France look too strong for either but you never know

You are telling us a bit too much how we haven't played anyone or only played league 1 standard. It is getting so boring that you are trying your best to pull down a feel good factor that is rife in this country and with many posters on here. We know who we have played, we know our limitations but we are still happy we are still in the WC semi..........no ifs and buts about it....we are there. One game away from a WC final. Doesn't matter who we have played we are there. Us or Croatia in the final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back