Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point. Worked well in the first half.
Pickford had good distribution, Sterling had pace

If people are seriously saying that the current England midfield could have controlled possesion ala a Spainish side vs Croatia I’d honestly question what they had been smoking.

And the fact that the only person people can bring up as should have been taken instead is bloody Jack Wilshere shows the paucity of other options available to Southgate.

Ah for a young Gareth Barry ;)

Pickford had good distribution, Sterling had pace

If people are seriously saying that the current England midfield could have controlled possesion ala a Spainish side vs Croatia I’d honestly question what they had been smoking.

And the fact that the only person people can bring up as should have been taken instead is bloody Jack Wilshere shows the paucity of other options available to Southgate.

Ah for a young Gareth Barry ;)

I think @davek has been saying this all along to be fair.

On paper it was a decent World Cup in terms of finishing position but ultimately I didn't really see anything in that tournament that convinced me the future is bright for the national team. As soon as we get challenged we choke, happened against Colombia in extra time (got lucky with pens for once) and it happened tonight.

Come down off that high horse mate.;) Non England supporters, have had to put up with the England pride of the home nations thread.And some of the posts in that thread, crossed the line a little bit.So all's fair in love and war imo.

No high horse mate. Just take umbrage and feel I should be allowed to retaliate. Not me being edgy just a bit patriotic which feels like a crime sometimes.

On paper it was a decent World Cup in terms of finishing position but ultimately I didn't really see anything in that tournament that convinced me the future is bright for the national team. As soon as we get challenged we choke, happened against Colombia in extra time (got lucky with pens for once) and it happened tonight.
That's my take on it as well. England remain a team of journeymen; very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back