Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Shipbuilding to end in Pompey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno but the Tories did more damage than the Argentinians did in the Falklands war. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

Cameron single handedly ripped the arse out of the armed forces in that period between 2010 and 2011.

By all accounts, there's going to be another round of cuts in the next couple of years as well.

The RAF isn't actually a force anymore as you need 50,000 strength to be classed as a force. It's now a militia. To be honest, I think it'll be folded and split between the Navy and Army within 20 years anyway. Sorry state of affairs.

I kinda meant, why did that yard never diversify from building ships for a single client. If they had lots of clients, losing the Navy wouldn't result in the yard closing.

Might depend on how busy they were and what regulations they needed in place for building for the MoD. Maybe the regulations meant they didn't have the capacity to do work for external clients. Or maybe it was bad management as you say.

Question time is in Pompey here..
No answers is what I'm getting out of it..

My point earlier in this thread about the RFA's has been raised..

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back