Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the responses in this thread are f***ing stupid. The lad simply said the ref was crap, which he was, he wasn't saying that's why we lost ffs.

This forum is a joke when we don't win.

Surely by starting a thread saying the ref cost he is saying it was the refs fault we drew. I agree people to over react on the forum with results like this, in the same way people look elsewhere for blame rather than the team

lets bitch about the ref giving a free kick instead of how atrocious this team has gotten at set pieces. that used to be moyes bread and butter. Attacking AND defending. I think the team has scored, what, 2 this season? and given up MOST of the goals off set pieces?

Regardless of who the ref is and what he decides, defending against a 40 yard free kick should be as simple as. Its happened twice now, once with the ****e(regardless that a) it wasnt a foul and b) that the buck tooth **** shouldnt have even been on the pitch in the first place) and here again today.

probably because we have a keeper that gives the defence zero confidence whatsoever. This has to be addressed in january. Our marking is also very concerning, it's schoolboy stuff. still can't believe we've failled against norwich again, a terrible terrible team. I know he's seemed a bit gash, but mucha needs to be given a chance, what howard has done this season to merit not being dropped i don't know. Again he hasn't had one proper save to make all game and yet again not got a clean sheet

We were poor in the 2nd half today (and have been a few times) but it's absolutely unbelievable some of the decisions we seem to be getting against us week in, week out.

Free kick today for an airshot leads to a goal
Two cast iron penalties not given against Reading which would have killed the game
Anichebe vs Newcastle

and they're just the really bad ones. There's been countless other penalties and the like that we haven't been given.

They say "it evens out over a season" but sadly that's bollocks. Clearly we need to play better and kill games off, but it really doesn't help when you seem to be playing against 12 men every other week.

Not buying ref comments. That was a poor side we had out and definitely not capable of a top 4 finish.....

Key players out... Mediocre players in hitzlesperger,Naismith & possibly Oviedo (even though he had a good game, he is no Mirallas)

Pienaar has been awful he must have given away four or five passes today. Absolutely terrible.

Nobody can tell me hitzlesperger is good enough. He's ok for 45mins. Then garbage

sh!t refs more like sh!t half time team talks, can't keep blaming refs because they are shocking for everybody at the minute
I get the point you're making, but don't think Norwich and Reading will be too upset with them this week and last, respectively. Also, you'd think if they're "**** for everybody" at some point we'd be on the sunny side of said ****ness.

I get the point you're making, but don't think Norwich and Reading will be too upset with them this week and last, respectively. Also, you'd think if they're "**** for everybody" at some point we'd be on the sunny side of said ****ness.

We aren't getting the rub of the green at the minute but our overall play at the moment is very poor for 45mins per game, clutching at straws thinking refs decisions will change that.

Not buying ref comments. That was a poor side we had out and definitely not capable of a top 4 finish.....

Key players out... Mediocre players in hitzlesperger,Naismith & possibly Oviedo (even though he had a good game, he is no Mirallas)

Pienaar has been awful he must have given away four or five passes today. Absolutely terrible.

Nobody can tell me hitzlesperger is good enough. He's ok for 45mins. Then garbage

Christ mate it was his first start this season and he played well and your already calling him a mediocre player. Give the lad a chance, i agree lets not get carried away but its complete over reactions like that where you just think FFS

One day supporters of a team will criticise a ref for being crap when he gives a bad decision in their favour.

But until that day every single teams fans will be bitching about the decisions that go againt them whilst ignoring any that go for them.

Somebody point out the part in the OP where he says it was the ref's fault we lost please.

The ref WAS utter crap today. Nobody is saying that's the sole reason why we lost, and saying it's a 'kopite move' to criticise the referee when he deserves it is stupid.

We aren't getting the rub of the green at the minute but our overall play at the moment is very poor for 45mins per game, clutching at straws thinking refs decisions will change that.
Not clutching at straws mate. We definitely need to play better - but doesn't alter the fact that EVEN when playing badly, if the refs had given us just the COMPLETELY obvious decisions this season, we'd be at least 8 points or so better off.

Christ mate it was his first start this season and he played well and your already calling him a mediocre player. Give the lad a chance, i agree lets not get carried away but its complete over reactions like that where you just think FFS
It's not mate.

Point is we all expecting top 4. Oviedo isn't in the best 11 and that's my point. Granted he had a good game today. Gave him his praise.

However - he is no Mirallas and my point is exactly that. We aren't going to beat everyone with that side out. The side we had out today would struggle to finish 8th.

Nowhere near fourth.

One day supporters of a team will criticise a ref for being crap when he gives a bad decision in their favour.

But until that day every single teams fans will be bitching about the decisions that go againt them whilst ignoring any that go for them.
so you reckon we've had an even shake from refs so far this season?

so you reckon we've had an even shake from refs so far this season?

Where'd i say that?

I would tell you that reffing is very very difficult and you only get one split second moment to make a decision, as opposed to someone in an arm chair who gets numerous slow mo replays.

But i'm sure you'd just continue saying its COMPLETLY OBVIOUS and that refs are all either **** or biased against us, and nothing to do with being human and having pretty damn near impossible decisions to accuratly make.

**** goes for us, **** goes against us. Unfortuantly life doesn't always work out fairly.

It sucks but there's nothing you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back