Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these people saying blaming refs is Kopite behavior are missing the whole point.

It's like saying that you can't blame Howard today as.. if the defense had been immaculate he would never of had a save to make.. or you can't blame the defense because Howard could of saved it. You can't blame the ref because we should of won by two and not one so he should be able to help them get a goal?
What happened today was.. they were given a freekick that shouldn't of been, they then beat our lapsing defense and a lapsing keeper. All three were below par for their goal so you can blame all three.. This is a thread about the ref so why can you not blame him here for starting a passage of play which lost us the three points when that passage of play shouldn't of been started in the first place?
Why not slate the refs for many points lost this season, have you not been watching the games?
What kind of fan doesn't care about how many points we are dropping because of the refs? If we deserve to win because legitimately we have won, most of us want our 3 points, if they are denied by the one person who's job it is to make sure things are legitimate then I for one am peed off about it.
Call me a kopite all you want but I'd rather blame the ref when its his fault than bury my head and pretend its okay for us to have to win by two because winning by one means we get a draw as it will be chalked off... winning legit should give us the points end of story and it hasn't for a lot of games this season.
If its wrong to defend the team over defending the refs then I am wrong but I don't care and neither should anyone else.. That ref helped significantly in them gaining a point and he is one of many this season that have cost us points and its not acceptable.

All these people saying blaming refs is Kopite behavior are missing the whole point.

It's like saying that you can't blame Howard today as.. if the defense had been immaculate he would never of had a save to make.. or you can't blame the defense because Howard could of saved it. You can't blame the ref because we should of won by two and not one so he should be able to help them get a goal?
What happened today was.. they were given a freekick that shouldn't of been, they then beat our lapsing defense and a lapsing keeper. All three were below par for their goal so you can blame all three.. This is a thread about the ref so why can you not blame him here for starting a passage of play which lost us the three points when that passage of play shouldn't of been started in the first place?
Why not slate the refs for many points lost this season, have you not been watching the games?
What kind of fan doesn't care about how many points we are dropping because of the refs? If we deserve to win because legitimately we have won, most of us want our 3 points, if they are denied by the one person who's job it is to make sure things are legitimate then I for one am peed off about it.
Call me a kopite all you want but I'd rather blame the ref when its his fault than bury my head and pretend its okay for us to have to win by two because winning by one means we get a draw as it will be chalked off... winning legit should give us the points end of story and it hasn't for a lot of games this season.
If its wrong to defend the team over defending the refs then I am wrong but I don't care and neither should anyone else.. That ref helped significantly in them gaining a point and he is one of many this season that have cost us points and its not acceptable.

do you think theyll get it though mate. those posters are GOTs version of RANK members

dude, i watched the whole game. ref is not the one to blame.

i know we were rubbish. this thread is about the referee, can you tell me why he moved the ball back when he couldnt get the norwich wall to 10yds, unheard of unbelievable refereeing!!!!!!!!!!! what do you reckon hoolihan/bassong said? `[Poor language removed] off ref we aint movin back any more` if you think that ref was ok then fine, you get what you deserve

All of this moaning about the ref is getting tedious now, they've been **** since Swansea and they're not going to improve any time soon. We should be used to **** refs by now so the players should realise no-one is going to help you win so you better do it yourselves or it's not going to happen. Even though having the ref on your side makes things a bit easier they're not wearing an Everton shirt and so you shouldn't expect any help from them.

This. We have a manager and eleven players who together should have had this game done and dusted inside 60 minutes. Yes the ref made a bad decision, but that does not excuse or outweigh the failure of our team to play well enough to win. For goodness' sake, they lumped a hopeful ball in from 40 yards in the 93rd minute and we let Sebastian f@cking Bassong have a free header from a yard out. Yes it was never a foul and yes it was a bad decision, but if we can't defend a desperate high ball or prevent an opposing CB from having a pop from one yard out, we aren't going to win much anyway. We have eleven men on the field who should be actively seeking to win the game, so why on earth pay more attention to the one and only ref on the pitch?

The disallowed goals in the Newcastle game, the failure to send off Sterling and Suarez in the derby, handball/penalty not given last week against Reading - these were AWFUL decisions. Today's free kick pales in comparison.

to sum up- we should be good enough to beat teams despite numerous decisions breaking up the flow of our game (let alone pens etc). dream on. we could beat barcelona every week with the ref giving us most of the calls. theres a fine line when you get to a professional level and those `lucky` breaks make the difference between winning trophys and failiure. the evertonian`denyers` are as bad as the kopite `suarez is a gentleman` lunatics............. must not question ref ...............must not question ref.................must not question ref...... its our fault we didnt score 20 every week . ffs gets me to thinking theres pop-corn going on with some here

1) Nobody is saying the ref is responsible for us losing, the OP certainly didn't, so all of the 'STOP BLAMING DER REF FOR US THROWIN DER GAMES AWAY' posts are totally tittish.

2) If you don't want to read a thread about refereeing because you're 'sick of it', then it MIGHT be wise to not click on a thread called 'Shocking Refs'. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back