Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not mate.

Point is we all expecting top 4. Oviedo isn't in the best 11 and that's my point. Granted he had a good game today. Gave him his praise.

However - he is no Mirallas and my point is exactly that. We aren't going to beat everyone with that side out. The side we had out today would struggle to finish 8th.

Nowhere near fourth.

I would just like to point out Leighton baines took about 6 months to bed in to our team if I remember correctly

On that foul it was a soft foul to give as he just slipped but on MOTD baines did knudge him ever so slightly with his two hands at first I thought Baines had not touched him at all but it was a bad decision, but we still should have defend a lopped cross to the back post every central defender was facing the wrong way JH was static - he had another mare imo - Jags is not a fullback - Coleman & Victor are on Jankers all down to the dithering I wont use a sub Dave!!!!!!

to go back to the OP, he was a terrible ref, it was like he had never played a game of football in his life before. He must have got 20+ decisions wrong. some for, some against us.

i know he missed a lot, but i didnt think he made a major bad judgement. for there goal, Baines shouldnt be in his back like that, the only thing that pisssed me off was they did that to us all game and we got nothing.

ive seen a lot worse at goodison.

i know he missed a lot, but i didnt think he made a major bad judgement. for there goal, Baines shouldnt be in his back like that, the only thing that pisssed me off was they did that to us all game and we got nothing.

ive seen a lot worse at goodison.
exactly. and anyone reckons baines barely touching that lad was a foul should take up knitting

there is too much `if we played better we could cancel out those bad refs decisions` in your post,

And there's too much "I'm happy to ignore how poorly we played in favour of lambasting a ref for giving a free kick 40 yards out in the 90th minute" in your post.

I don't know if you ever got to see Everton play in the '84 - '89 stretch, but I would like to see us return to that level of consistently good play. Week in, week out we should comfortably handle teams such as Norwich, Reading, Wigan, QPR, Fulham and Sunderland, but in recent weeks we've dropped points against all of the teams I've just named.

I hope the players are more ambitious than to be satisfied with getting a one goal lead, playing like poop from that point on and trusting that the ref will never make a mistake. Nor do I want to win games by playing no better than the opposition, but getting some arbitrary "fair share" of bad decisions in our favour. I have higher aspirations for this team and going by some of the other threads currently being discussed on this forum ( Moyes' questionable team selection; Moyes' in-game tactics; Poor performance by Howard / Heitinga / Pieenar / Jelavic ) it would seem that many others do too.

The ref didn't stop both of Baines' efforts yesterday.
He didn't force Osman to smash a half-volley into the ground rather than the net.
He didn't cause Naismith to make a pig's ear of what should have been a simple square ball for Jelavic to smash in from twelve yards.
He didn't launch the free kick into the box, he didn't stop Howard from challenging for the ball, he didn't leave Bassong unmarked either. But the way you and others like you are going on, you'd think the ref scored the goal himself.

Had someone cleared that ball off the line and we'd won, I hope you'd be level-headed enough to admit that we'd wasted plenty of chances but somehow defended just well enough to squeak a win - but if you think that's good enough, then you've forgotten this club's motto: Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

And there's too much "I'm happy to ignore how poorly we played in favour of lambasting a ref for giving a free kick 40 yards out in the 90th minute" in your post.

I don't know if you ever got to see Everton play in the '84 - '89 stretch, but I would like to see us return to that level of consistently good play. Week in, week out we should comfortably handle teams such as Norwich, Reading, Wigan, QPR, Fulham and Sunderland, but in recent weeks we've dropped points against all of the teams I've just named.

I hope the players are more ambitious than to be satisfied with getting a one goal lead, playing like poop from that point on and trusting that the ref will never make a mistake. Nor do I want to win games by playing no better than the opposition, but getting some arbitrary "fair share" of bad decisions in our favour. I have higher aspirations for this team and going by some of the other threads currently being discussed on this forum ( Moyes' questionable team selection; Moyes' in-game tactics; Poor performance by Howard / Heitinga / Pieenar / Jelavic ) it would seem that many others do too.

The ref didn't stop both of Baines' efforts yesterday.
He didn't force Osman to smash a half-volley into the ground rather than the net.
He didn't cause Naismith to make a pig's ear of what should have been a simple square ball for Jelavic to smash in from twelve yards.
He didn't launch the free kick into the box, he didn't stop Howard from challenging for the ball, he didn't leave Bassong unmarked either. But the way you and others like you are going on, you'd think the ref scored the goal himself.

Had someone cleared that ball off the line and we'd won, I hope you'd be level-headed enough to admit that we'd wasted plenty of chances but somehow defended just well enough to squeak a win - but if you think that's good enough, then you've forgotten this club's motto: Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

its the thread topic so i will discuss the ref in here if you dont mind. you want to talk about how abismal howard was? he seemed to be dying to let a goal in, half way through the second half he got down to a header near his feet but nearly somehow let it slip under him. hes a f*cken liability and i dont want to see him in an everton shirt ever again. NSNO has by-passed moyes it seems. back on topic, all teams have off days so you take any luck that comes your way- if it takes `right calls` by the ref to get us through a sticky spell in a game then whats so bad about that. almost every game we have had major decisions go against us and thats ignoring the nit picking of 50/50s that go to the opposition. contrast us with LFC today and all rogers talked about was their offside `goal` which was a right call by the linesman but still they let it be known the vast majority of calls should go LFCs way or look out.

****ing hell lads it's not rocket science. The referee doesn't give a free kick for a non existent foul, we have three points. Over the 90 minutes we were clearly the better side, so don't be applauding the ref for working it to us.

We do seem to be suffering a lot of ridiculously bad calls against us this season. Newcastle defied belief, and the derby wasn't much better.

****ing hell lads it's not rocket science. The referee doesn't give a free kick for a non existent foul, we have three points. Over the 90 minutes we were clearly the better side, so don't be applauding the ref for working it to us.
but...but... but we shudda been like 40 nil up so yer cant bleem der ref for hossie not scoran ten like

but...but... but we shudda been like 40 nil up so yer cant bleem der ref for hossie not scoran ten like

A typical blue from this thread gets ready for the match and awaits treatment from referee:

sell-sadism-amp-masochism-blinders-a.jpg

Are you honestly saying that from the moment the ref blew the whistle for that free kick, there was NOTHING we could have done differently to prevent the goal?

Really?

In that case, how come WE don't score whenever we get a free kick forty yards out? I mean, they did it, and we're clearly better than them.

its the thread topic so i will discuss the ref in here if you dont mind.

Not at all. You and I both are discussing the ref, we just have different opinions.

all teams have off days so you take any luck that comes your way- if it takes `right calls` by the ref to get us through a sticky spell in a game then whats so bad about that.

Nothing. It's just sad if that represents the high point of what you hope your team will deliver on the field. I refer you once again to the motto on our club crest.

almost every game we have had major decisions go against us and thats ignoring the nit picking of 50/50s that go to the opposition.

Yes, spot on. The two disallowed goals against Newcastle, the failure of the officials to send off Sterling and Suarez in the Derby, the Morrison handball in the area against Reading: all major decisions. So why are you putting a free kick near halfway in the same category? That's not a major decision. The only reason we're even talking about it is because several mistakes by us immediately afterwards saw them score a goal. If we'd defended correctly, this thread wouldn't even exist.

contrast us with LFC today and all rogers talked about was their offside `goal` which was a right call by the linesman but still they let it be known the vast majority of calls should go LFCs way or look out.

Contrast is a good word to use. They're bleating about a goal, you're bleating about a free kick near halfway.

Frustrating, but we only have ourselves to blame for the majority of issues. More than anything, I'm afraid of our current positioning seeing as were on the 'fringe' zone between Europa League & nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back