Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you honestly saying that from the moment the ref blew the whistle for that free kick, there was NOTHING we could have done differently to prevent the goal?

Am I really saying that, or did I type something completely different:

"The referee doesn't give a free kick for a non existent foul, we have three points"

:unsure:

Not at all. You and I both are discussing the ref, we just have different opinions.

really? 99% of your posts content have been about our players, talk about the officials a bit more. even when you do it end with `our defending` etc

Nothing. It's just sad if that represents the high point of what you hope your team will deliver on the field. I refer you once again to the motto on our club crest.

give it a rest marvo, you are making ridiculous assumptions

Yes, spot on. The two disallowed goals against Newcastle, the failure of the officials to send off Sterling and Suarez in the Derby, the Morrison handball in the area against Reading: all major decisions. So why are you putting a free kick near halfway in the same category? That's not a major decision. The only reason we're even talking about it is because several mistakes by us immediately afterwards saw them score a goal. If we'd defended correctly, this thread wouldn't even exist. .

read back throught the thread, i have `bleated` about the general performance of the ref, their goal was just a culmination of a one sided imo performance i.e. we got shiite all from them all day, i dont think i have mentioned the free kick in this thread

denying that bad decisions by a ref cannot influence the outcome of a game is naive in the extreme - the outcome of most games are determined by a few key moments - like a foul given or not , a penalty given or not , a goal disallowed or not , a red card given or not , a rightfull penalty not given changes the whole complexion of the game - ignoring blatant errors by officials and placing them obove criticism shows a clear lack of understanding of the deciding role role a referee plays - why have referees been found guilty of match fixing in other sport if they can have no influence on the outcome of a game ?(like some people in this thread seem to beleive)why are the same people fighting against technology which will make the ref's job easier?

Everton has been scr**d senseless by the refs this season - if you don't notice it or if it does not bother you , i suppose you have got used to it by now - just don't expect all of us to bend over so easily

Helped by refs once (RS) screwed about 4-5 times. Its pretty ridiculous now. Mike Jones would have problems controlling grade schoolers and sadly he's not as bad as Atkinson. MLS refs are better now and that is sad.

There is no English players on the pitch in the prem so why are there English refs?

Helped by refs once (RS) screwed about 4-5 times.

This is a fallacy. Where was the foul on starfish for the freekick? Then Coates used Jagielka as a climbing frame. No, it wasn't offside, but take your pick out of those 2 and the situation should never have arose in the first place.

Am I really saying that, or did I type something completely different:

"The referee doesn't give a free kick for a non existent foul, we have three points"

:unsure:

That's like Liverpool saying that they should have had a throw before the three passes that lead to Naismith's goal. Unless it's directly related you just have to suck it up and defend the next phase of play properly.

****ing hell lads it's not rocket science. The referee doesn't give a free kick for a non existent foul, we have three points. Over the 90 minutes we were clearly the better side, so don't be applauding the ref for working it to us.

Hard to believe isn't it for all the the we were shocking and got what we deserved posts?

Sorry but the really bad one this past weekend was the Ridgewell dive.

If that had happened in MLS (remember them, the backwater, really low quality league?), they'd have given him at least a one game suspension based on video evidence.

As it stands, the incompetent English FA haven't gotten with the times and started suspending players for cheating.

Amazing that the American league is leaps and bounds past the European leagues when it comes to punishing divers. Simply amazing.

It's possible for the ref to suck and us still get three points. Saturday was definitely one of those times.

This is a fallacy. Where was the foul on starfish for the freekick? Then Coates used Jagielka as a climbing frame. No, it wasn't offside, but take your pick out of those 2 and the situation should never have arose in the first place.

And Suarat shouldn't have been on the pitch either, so take your pick from the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back