Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not going to blame the referee or linesman for us losing points in a game as with most this season we should have had teams buried by half time. However, it does seem as if we are getting a lot of decisions against us every week without fail and quite frankly, its ridiculous.

exactly. and anyone reckons baines barely touching that lad was a foul should take up knitting

If Coleman had played , & give away a simalar harsh freekick, would the fans on here who have bated him the last two games had thought that? Baines had no need to raise his arms, & it was a harsh free kick, but their was ever so slight contact , & with the same ref who missed Victors perfect goal v Newcastle his eyesight is not good is it?????

To be fair like, I reckoni we have probably dropped 7 point this season due to being put under pressure from Refereeing decisions, whether that be pens not given, or free kick against us which should never have been. We did however benefit twice from decisions in the Derby game, which got us an extra point after a god awful start. I'm not counting their disallowed goal by the way, cause that should've been disallowed, just not for offside.......... Again though, poor officiating.

In terms of refs having difficult decisions to make in a split second, I was watching from midway up the park end, and I saw, along with 4000 other blues, that the Norwich lad swung and missed, then fell over. We started laughing at him, until the realisation that the free kick had been given.

End of the day, our defence needs a boot up the arse, we should be better at defending set peices than that, its not the forst time, it's clearly seen as a weakness by other teams, and I'm almost certain they will go into the game looking to pick up free kicks in that area.

We should've noted how much the ref was letting Norwich get away with, then started booting them in the air, we used to be able to do that, we used to be able to be nasty when we needed it.

Just on a side note, Suarez stamped on ankles again at the weekend. This is where Moyes falls down sometimes for me, he needs to call people out for things. He should've brought the attention of the press to the stamps on Mirrallas and Distin, he can be too soft and let things slide to often, taking it like a man, this is what I think the team do, we just dont let other people know we're there anymore. It's been said many times before, we need a snide. Fellaini cant do it any more, cause he'll never getaway with it. Osman is sittig pretty in the press at the moment, he just needs to nobble somebody after they've had a go at one of our lads, then apologise straight away, he'll get away with it, and the opposition will take notice. Do you think the likes of Grant Holt can give a **** if you stick your arms in the air and protest as he's running away from you? Could he hell, he'd care if he got hit my an absolute belter of a challenge though.

To be fair like, I reckoni we have probably dropped 7 point this season due to being put under pressure from Refereeing decisions, whether that be pens not given, or free kick against us which should never have been. We did however benefit twice from decisions in the Derby game, which got us an extra point after a god awful start. I'm not counting their disallowed goal by the way, cause that should've been disallowed, just not for offside.......... Again though, poor officiating.

In terms of refs having difficult decisions to make in a split second, I was watching from midway up the park end, and I saw, along with 4000 other blues, that the Norwich lad swung and missed, then fell over. We started laughing at him, until the realisation that the free kick had been given.

End of the day, our defence needs a boot up the arse, we should be better at defending set peices than that, its not the forst time, it's clearly seen as a weakness by other teams, and I'm almost certain they will go into the game looking to pick up free kicks in that area.

We should've noted how much the ref was letting Norwich get away with, then started booting them in the air, we used to be able to do that, we used to be able to be nasty when we needed it.

Just on a side note, Suarez stamped on ankles again at the weekend. This is where Moyes falls down sometimes for me, he needs to call people out for things. He should've brought the attention of the press to the stamps on Mirrallas and Distin, he can be too soft and let things slide to often, taking it like a man, this is what I think the team do, we just dont let other people know we're there anymore. It's been said many times before, we need a snide. Fellaini cant do it any more, cause he'll never getaway with it. Osman is sittig pretty in the press at the moment, he just needs to nobble somebody after they've had a go at one of our lads, then apologise straight away, he'll get away with it, and the opposition will take notice. Do you think the likes of Grant Holt can give a **** if you stick your arms in the air and protest as he's running away from you? Could he hell, he'd care if he got hit my an absolute belter of a challenge though.
What are the two benefits he gave us to give us a point against the reds?

Instead they got away with two solid reds for both Suarez (two stamps which should've been a red each) and Sterling getting leeway because he's 'only a 17-year old'. It was crap, and I think it kept the ****e in the game unfairly. If only Atkinson had shown that leniency toward Rodwell he'd not still be on an agenda against us after Moyes' comments.

Instead they got away with two solid reds for both Suarez (two stamps which should've been a red each) and Sterling getting leeway because he's 'only a 17-year old'. It was crap, and I think it kept the ****e in the game unfairly. If only Atkinson had shown that leniency toward Rodwell he'd not still be on an agenda against us after Moyes' comments.

Both teams got an equal amount of bad/good luck in that game. Poor refereeing all round.

I could point to the Newcastle game where we were quite clearly robbed of 2 points. However I'm more concerned about how we've accrued 3 points from games against Wigan, QPR, Reading and Norwich, plus scraping over the line against Sunderland at home. Our lack of a clinical edge (Fulham away took the piss) and extremely messy defending is what is costing us most, not refs.

Yes, clearly. And while there's been a fair few refereeing blunders we've had almost every game in our own hands. If as someone mentioned on twitter the team was booed off while 1-0 up at half time against Norwich I can see how our team would struggle maintaining a winning attitude and mentality. I think Norwich was the first game since West Brom though that I haven't felt we were very much in control of our own fate, and even then we were creating a fair few chances.

Well if putting your arm on someones shoulder is a foul so is putting your hands in to someones back.

It wasn't a blatant foul, it was 50/50 2 players tussling for a ball. Sure Arteta close to actually fouling Pienaar but it would have been difficult to see who actually won the ball watching in real time with 1 view.

Witha rep of giving refs crap when we don;t get a decision we might have subconsciously made him give it, but we don;t so he kne he could err on the side of caution and not give a decsion he wasn't sure about.

But refs are all crap and we're hard done by its all a konspiraceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Well if putting your arm on someones shoulder is a foul so is putting your hands in to someones back.

It wasn't a blatant foul, it was 50/50 2 players tussling for a ball. Sure Arteta close to actually fouling Pienaar but it would have been difficult to see who actually won the ball watching in real time with 1 view.

Witha rep of giving refs crap when we don;t get a decision we might have subconsciously made him give it, but we don;t so he kne he could err on the side of caution and not give a decsion he wasn't sure about.

But refs are all crap and we're hard done by its all a konspiraceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This, we should have buried them by half time again.
My first post in this thread.

It was a blatant foul. I feel greatly upset by someone saying anything else. He also gave Gibson an early yellow for a clean tackle.

The ref was utter pants. No space for arguing about that, sorry.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back