Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you saw it on replay? I already said that it's impossible for referees to get everything right, however had they seen it, it would've been a 100% penalty with the antics Arteta was pulling. Did you watch it even? Yeah thought so.

This is also why there has been calls for goal line tech etc. Since it's for there to everyone to see.
Sure people disagree on a lot of decisions, but a lot of them are either petty, people are too wound up, or clear material is not available for them.

I can only see you saying that LLOL REF CANT C WHAT U MAD BRO? which, while obviously entertaining, is really not a proper argument nor is it really even related to this topic as without us all agreeing on that, this whole topic wouldn't even exist.

Sorry mate not entirely sure what you're saying there. After watching a few replays i came to the decision that i thought it was not a clear foul, 50/50 tussle . Could have been given but not clear cut.

And thats from watching replays, ref didn't get that benefit (when he should be given technology) so its a hell of a lot harder for him to make an accurate decision.

Mind you, ive just seen someone call the Anichebe goal ruled out against Newcastle "farcical". The day any human being could have accuratly made a decision on that ball being 100% in or out is the day they don't referee football games.

Sorry mate not entirely sure what you're saying there. After watching a few replays i came to the decision that i thought it was not a clear foul, 50/50 tussle . Could have been given but not clear cut.

And thats from watching replays, ref didn't get that benefit (when he should be given technology) so its a hell of a lot harder for him to make an accurate decision.

Mind you, ive just seen someone call the Anichebe goal ruled out against Newcastle "farcical". The day any human being could have accuratly made a decision on that ball being 100% in or out is the day they don't referee football games.

That's my view as well, and it was at the time it happened too. The way I look at things like that is how I'd feel if it were given against us. I'd be fuming as it's a player coming back and doing enough to put the player off a strike at goal.

It was a nailed on pen in fast motion =Arteta arm pullling him back then a two legged lunge that got SP legs & Arteta claimed a goal kick as he never touhed the ball & the ref bottled it, & gave a corner?????????

I'd say we've had a lot more go against us than for us this season. The Newcastle game was nearly on a par with that ill-fated Clattenburg derby.

But the 2 much bigger reasons we don't have more points is because we don't take our chances and have developed some real sloppy defending.

I'd say we've had a lot more go against us than for us this season. The Newcastle game was nearly on a par with that ill-fated Clattenburg derby.

But the 2 much bigger reasons we don't have more points is because we don't take our chances and have developed some real sloppy defending.

Agreed. We were robbed of points in the Newcastle game and denied clear penalties tonight, against Reading and against QPR: all of which would have sent those games along different courses. Also Pienaar's red card at QPR was a travesty.

Whilst it might not have made any difference to the result, (arguable that it might) the decisions that I would most like to have seen go our way were those that saw Suarez and Sterling escape the red cards they should have got in the Derby. Can you imagine where in the table the RS would be if Stampy had picked up a three-match ban?

I understand people saying that these things even themselves out over the course of the season but look at the season where Andy Johnson was getting assaulted week in/week out and no penalty was given. Ffs, the team didn't even get a single penalty that year until the very last game of the season.

I understand people saying that these things even themselves out over the course of the season but look at the season where Andy Johnson was getting assaulted week in/week out and no penalty was given. Ffs, the team didn't even get a single penalty that year until the very last game of the season.

Oh, that's one thing I hate being spouted. Things do NOT even themselves out over the course of the season and I think anyone can look at our games at this season - and indeed most - and say we've been screwed on a number of occasions.

My point is however we've created enough chances for these decisions not to have played a part. Don't get me wrong I'm infuriated by some of the absolute crap we've had from refs this season and we've been screwed on a few occasions. But that can't override the fact we should have won more games on our own accord, with officiating being a completely separate factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back