Shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but i think the notion of playing the kids comes from thinking that quality and experience are less important than effort at the top level. That is not reality, in my opinion.

Playing untested young players at this level would be cruel. They would get picked apart. These expensive, well paid, experienced international players got us into this mess, they should be forced to play to the end and get us out of it.

Like your avatar mate! :) cool design.

It's a sign there's no real trust or respect. For themselves or each other. Or the managers tactics. You'd not react like that if you had faith in your team mates, or yourself.

There's no one anybody them can loom up to for inspiration either. Appalling place to be.
Christ, what is that last sentence??? That should be:

"There's no one any of them can look up to..."

Really need to get a better phone. Damn autocorrect / predictive text.

Just watching Austin and Seattle do battle in the MLS - I have been more entertained in the last five minutes than I have by Everton in the last five years. Currently 1-1 after Austin conceded an early goal but fought back.

PL or Champ next year, Frank could do worse than just bus the whole Austin team over here. Or would the badge just automatically turn them to faeces? Even without the astronaut levels of steroids fitness in the PL, that performance doesn't lose 4-0 at Selhurst and 5-0 at the North London Whitespurs NFL Stadium Spurs' new ground

I’d try and sell as many as possible and start again. I honestly think it’s a bigger risk keeping players than bringing in unknown ones and worrying they won’t gel. Just keep a core who Frank wants here, promote some youth players, and buy a few good solid younger players from the championship with pace power and determination to succeed in the PL. Rebuild from there.

Offer opportunities for first team football to the best young centre back and midfielder in the championship, and if DCL and Richarlison go then do the same in the striker position.
We've been given the same lesson twice by Palace this season, it needs to be heeded

Which in my opinion is fair. People didn’t question Conte calling his players out the other week. But our manager calls out the players and it’s not professional. It’s football it’s allowed. I’m not in total agreement with all the line ups but I seen a few situations today where we should have took one for the team tactically fouls or just make it harder for the opposition. Palace will play well against anyone who allows them and that’s what we did too many times
These players are grown men, not doing their job that they are well paid for. Frank calling them out the way he did is still being too nice imo... I'd make them walk passed while saying sorry to those away fans that must've spent £150 on the day to witness that. Nothing to those dossers paid the 7th highest wage in the prem, but a lot to the average Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back