Shots fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but i think the notion of playing the kids comes from thinking that quality and experience are less important than effort at the top level. That is not reality, in my opinion.

Playing untested young players at this level would be cruel. They would get picked apart. These expensive, well paid, experienced international players got us into this mess, they should be forced to play to the end and get us out of it.

What 'quality' do Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Kenny and Gomes posess?

The answer is the quality to consistently be dreadful football players with the heart of a sheep.

Yeah we need a clear out. Going take couple of years to properly do it and lamps to get the squad he needs. And thats hoping on lampsad being actually good cause he's done nothing as far as I'm concerned. 6th with derby and failed hard at Chelsea. Talks well. Likeable. But may aswell be an x player starting off we are trusting to overhaul the squad and have a few years at the wheel to do it.

Since Boxing Day Dec 20, we been absolutely awful must be something like 10 wins 30 losses . We couldn’t win at home and now we can’t win away and struggle at home.

How has it come to this?

I’m not convinced we win another game this season

It's a sign there's no real trust or respect. For themselves or each other. Or the managers tactics. You'd not react like that if you had faith in your team mates, or yourself.

There's no one anybody them can loom up to for inspiration either. Appalling place to be.
I've said it lots of times: they aren't a team; they lack unity and aren't playing for each other and the team. It's time they hear what everyone is thinking.

Sink or swim time - sort the boys from the men. If they don't like what he's said, it's very telling.

Calling them out is exactly the right thing to do. What's the alternative, don't call them out and watch them fold like a cardboard box after the first sign of any pressure? If they down tools because their little feelings got hurt, then maybe they're at the wrong club, and I'm sure Frank will let them know. There's no hiding place in a relegation scrap. Its time to put the big boy boots on and put a shift in.

The answer is the quality to consistently be dreadful football players with the heart of a sheep.

Sadly, they are still better Footballers than those coming through the youth system. A group of managers have now left them unused.

Good on him, He get's a lot of leeway from me, we need a reset and rid ourselves of a lot of these players. I am happy with the coaching team that has been put together and really think long term it will pay dividends.

We need to stick with him, back him against the wasters and drive the element of mercenary yellow bellies from our club.

Palace couldn't get out of their half first 20, first set piece they get they score, I can't put that on a manager when the same players are still making the same mistakes, we have the worst defence in the division without Mina in it, by a distance, or at least the biggest bunch of wet wipes.

Seriously considering sacking football off all together, I don't recognise the sport anymore, never in a million did I think money would be so ridiculous players stopped caring. It is happening at a few clubs, Utd and Spurs are having it, Arsenal are seemingly coming together but they've had it until a group of youngsters got a chance, now they're fine.

Stick with Frank and we will recover as well.

Rant Over

This is it. All four defenders listed above need to be purged simultaneously. No more Blue Bill Everton in the Community nostalgia family claptrap. The excuses are old now. Anything else and a partial replacement by Brantwaite and Godfrey as CB and the two new full backs and we will infect them with the janglers these clowns generate without fail. Their ineptitude will shatter their replacements confidence.

It is bite the bullet time. We have lost our last two away ties 5-0 and 4-0 before anyone points out the obvious risks of bringing in 3 new defenders however look at the current evidence (and that of the last 4 seasons). The risk of persisting with the current mental midgets far exceeds the risk of radical change. Yesterday's 'character' comments and many references to the defence speak of recognition of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back