Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We gave everything and that's representative of Everton - the fighting spirit. That's what marked me in my first week here and I realised it was a special club.

"Before I left I made sure I explained to the guys they have something really special and they need to fight to keep it because it's a special club and a special atmosphere and you don't see that everywhere."

I wonder if that's a subtle pop at Martinez and the boring style he's brought.

"We gave everything and that's representative of Everton - the fighting spirit. That's what marked me in my first week here and I realised it was a special club.

"Before I left I made sure I explained to the guys they have something really special and they need to fight to keep it because it's a special club and a special atmosphere and you don't see that everywhere."

I wonder if that's a subtle pop at Martinez and the boring style he's brought.

I thought the same when I read it.

No.

Is this how low we have stooped?

Everton FC - a team that used to have standards.

Now we applaud a 37 year old who has been a hugely disruptive influence in the dressing room and who, remember, gifted an FA Cup semi-final to our neighbours under no pressure at all.

No.

Now we applaud a 37 year old who has been a hugely disruptive influence in the dressing room and who, remember, gifted an FA Cup semi-final to our neighbours under no pressure at all.
Unfortunately it's looking very likely that he might have been right all along and tried to do something about it.

Do you want players that don't give a damn and just go along with what the manager asks?

Look at the whole team and how certain players have gone backwards under Martinez. Barkley's best game was against Norwich on the first day of last season. Did Martinez make Barkley or did he ruin him? Lukaku doesn't look assed most of the time. The team is boring, predictable and doesn't press.

Unfortunately it's looking very likely that he might have been right all along and tried to do something about it.

Do you want players that don't give a damn and just go along with what the manager asks?

Look at the whole team and how certain players have gone backwards under Martinez. Barkley's best game was against Norwich on the first day of last season. Did Martinez make Barkley or did he ruin him? Lukaku doesn't look assed most of the time. The team is boring, predictable and doesn't press.

I can't disagree with a lot of that.

I can't disagree with a lot of that.
It doesn't give me any pleasure saying it.

I've been a supporter of Martinez this year due to both last year and I didn't want to make a managerial change mid year especially since we where in Europe but I don't think I will be as generous next year.

If the team plays at the same intensity as this year I will be wanting him gone sooner rather than later.

No.

To be fair I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose, although it was a disgraceful error and cost us gravely.

Saha can go choke some donkey cock
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back