Should Dyche be sacked?

Is it time to boot the dinosaur?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@bbcsport Dyche: “It’s a hard one to swallow. In difficult conditions today I thought we (Everton) deserved not just one but all three points. To come away with nothing is tough on the players who put a good shift in. I’m not sure if these the conditions, bad luck or the nervousness around Goodison but we will shake ourselves down and go again. It’s a competitive league with no easy games”.
Babbling.

So you don't think that the change of:
Last 2 games - press more, give the opposition less time on the ball, try to go through the lines at every opportunity, play more technical players in technical positions (like on the wing/full backs/cm) and play players in their respective positions overall (Garner being a CM stands out).
Today - do nothing coherent team wise, lump it forward, no movement, put favourites back in, move your players around from their positions for no reason other than to insert the retirement club boys back in the team because "EXPERIENCE" and then when all else fails - the same thing but have two entire tall boys up front to punt it to, then blame bad luck from set pieces lol

Yeah, not on the formation or setup at all, this.
It's the same set up as Brentford though?

I may be missing something here, maybe it wasnt, feels a long time ago now.

Of course it will, but it shifts attention away from funding, it allows the board to say "we were patient" and "it was a difficult market especially given our managerial change".
Apart from the FBs there is enough about this squad if we had a capable manager to move well away from danger this year.
Dont get me wrong we need improvements everywhere but still more than enough at present to be performing far better than what we are.

It blatantly wasn't - as I noted in the post, we didn't press, no urgency, no pass to foot, punting it long because DCL is tall. Same players =/= same setup.

That is 100% on the manager.

We have good enough players to be comfortably out of the relegation fight, but our manager is sadly untouchable and also stuck in time in the good ol' days.

Yes but Brentford dominate possession and then you play direct on the transition

You can't set up like that home to Luton, who are playing a back 5, and expect the same results. You need quality on the ball against a side like that, and to be organised in the transition, and to defend set pieces. We failed in every area. The tactics to hoof it forward to a team playing 10 behind the ball, was absolute shocking and a complete lack of tactical ability from Dyche

It might work away at teams who look to come out and play. But it doesn't at Goodison against a team wanting to sit back and use that tactic on us !!

If he plays Garner wide right again next week, he should be fired before the game kicks off.

Apart from the FBs there is enough about this squad if we had a capable manager to move well away from danger this year.
Dont get me wrong we need improvements everywhere but still more than enough at present to be performing far better than what we are.
He made changes for the Brentford and Villa games that worked.

What does he do? Thats right, he goes back to the same thing thats done nothing but fail.

Im fickle, 3 points next week and I might be willing to give him more time, but currently I just want him gone.

I refuse to believe another Manager couldnt be better, totally refuse.

What does he do? Thats right, he goes back to the same thing thats done nothing but fail.

Im fickle, 3 points next week and I might be willing to give him more time, but currently I just want him gone.

This really.

I have not made excuses.

I'm just saying we are not playing long ball or negative football in the slightest.

We are playing crap football and our issues have got nothing to do with a style of play and all to do with execution of basic things like shooting or marking at set pieces.

We are not playing long ball and have not done under Dyche. We probably should!
The illusion of him being the Gaffer is now gone. He trembles when he is expected to deliver.

Ruud van Nistelrooy did great things at PSV before he left and played good football.

That could be interesting but
IMG_5102.jpeg

Can’t see him coming here under the present regime

How's he not under pressure by the way?

His record is as bad as all the previous managers and their sackings were all deemed absolutely correct, if not overdue when they happenned.

His home record is an absolute embarassment. There's no defending this many losses and he should be considering his position if anything.
Because we're tired and some want to believe that maybe this runs deeper

It blatantly wasn't - as I noted in the post, we didn't press, no urgency, no pass to foot, punting it long because DCL is tall. Same players =/= same setup.

That is 100% on the manager.

We have good enough players to be comfortably out of the relegation fight, but our manager is sadly untouchable and also stuck in time in the good ol' days.
Do we though? We dont even have useable full backs! It's a big issue. Now we seem to have some attacking options and no defensive ones. For some reason we always leave ourselves short somewhere. (We should have enough to geta result at home against at least one of Fulham, Wolves or Luton though).

We punted it in the second half, in the first half we kept playing it around the box trying to find a chance to cross before crossing it to nobody. We always do it.

I feel like there is a crossed wire here, all I am saying is that we are not playing crap long ball football. I just think we are playing crap football in general. Thats still having a go at the manager just not in quite the same way! At the end of the day it doesnt matter anyway, its losing football regardless and thats what any manager will be judged on.

I dont care if we beat Bournemouth mate for me it just delays the inevitable.
It just gives us a couple more weeks of him where we know a shocker or a bad run is on the cards.

The teams not set up to be consistent
The style is not set up to be consistent
He isnt good enough to be consistent

Lumping balls up for Dom or Beto when your 1-0 down is just utter garbage, he reverts to this about 30 mins remaining when we re 1 nil down.
Its just a lottery if something breaks for us, plus 9 times 10 there is no runner beyond the forward even if they do win the flick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.