Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say it as if we have been playing [Poor language removed] for the last four games we have been [Poor language removed] since the end of last season.

I got called a fool for saying before the season starts we need cover for CB postion.
Also why was the manager swanning round in the world cup while other teams were getting ready for the new season.
We just was not prepared for the season that's why we're in this mess.

I may be wrong mate but I was under the impression when he was at the World cup that was basically his holiday for the summer and in between his football analysis for TV he was out and about constantly watching other teams coaching and tactics. He then left before the semi finals to come back to work.

There's no doubt we were under prepared pre season but pre seasons aren't usually organised 2 weeks before the players are back like ours seemed to be. They are usually planned 5-6 months in advance by management, fitness coaches and I'm sure the board play a part when it comes to looking for financial gain. I would love either the board or manager to explain why we left things so late. Was it because they thought it wasn't worth sorting anything out due to world cup or did they have something lined up that didn't materialise?

Anyway that's my take on it, I just don't think he was swanning around getting a suntan bob for the sake of it and if he did well he was entitled to a holiday and it didn't bother me as he was taking in football matches.

You say it as if we have been playing [Poor language removed] for the last four games we have been [Poor language removed] since the end of last season.

I got called a fool for saying before the season starts we need cover for CB postion.
Also why was the manager swanning round in the world cup while other teams were getting ready for the new season.
We just was not prepared for the season that's why we're in this mess.

Tbh same thing happened to me, I Pointed out how unfit and unorganised we were after a sad pre season and got shouted down.
They have been playing catch up since day one, fitness levels have had a large bearing on where we are

I may be wrong mate but I was under the impression when he was at the World cup that was basically his holiday for the summer and in between his football analysis for TV he was out and about constantly watching other teams coaching and tactics. He then left before the semi finals to come back to work.
I would love to no what teams tactics he was watching mate because this years tactics are a total mess.

I would love to no what teams tactics he was watching mate because this years tactics are a total mess.

I know it ain't looking too good atm mate, he just seems the type to me who takes in a lot of information and knowledge about systems. For whatever reason ( we all have differing opinions on why ) we haven't seen that this season.

The mike walker comparisons continue.

I view this as a similar situation as when Walker was in charge as he was taking over from an established order - the kendall/Harvey double act had run goodison for the previous 12 years and the club and players knew little else. Obviously it was going to be difficult for him but he stubbornly refused to change his bizarre negative passing game to justify a more acceptable league position. The players rebelled culminating in the embarrassing situations documented in both Mark Ward and Ian Snodins books.

I view this as a similar situation as when Walker was in charge as he was taking over from an established order - the kendall/Harvey double act had run goodison for the previous 12 years and the club and players knew little else. Obviously it was going to be difficult for him but he stubbornly refused to change his bizarre negative passing game to justify a more acceptable league position. The players rebelled culminating in the embarrassing situations documented in both Mark Ward and Isn Snodins books.

That's not a bad comparison that like.

I view this as a similar situation as when Walker was in charge as he was taking over from an established order - the kendall/Harvey double act had run goodison for the previous 12 years and the club and players knew little else. Obviously it was going to be difficult for him but he stubbornly refused to change his bizarre negative passing game to justify a more acceptable league position. The players rebelled culminating in the embarrassing situations documented in both Mark Ward and Ian Snodins books.

Frighteningly similar right now.

You know you're mince when the phrase "we need to take a leaf out of Villa's book" is aired without a hint of irony

Sweet Jesus

lol

I shall up the ante.

If we were to tell our full backs to defend more rather than get forward, then Hibbo is yer only man for the no. 2 jersey......he us a more solid "traditional" right back than Seamus.

There.....I've said it :pint2:

It does seem to be how it goes that we have awful seasons after great season's in our PL history;

95/96 Great 96/97 Awful.

02/03 Great 03/04 Awful

04/05 Great 05/06 Awful.

13/14 Great 14/15 Seemingly Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back