Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Moyes a little bit, some may be aware of this, and we wouldn't be here under him, but I still prefer Martinez.

This passing around going nowhere is seriously boring though and should be designed to frustrate the opposition, not everyone but the opposition.

However his willingness to develop youth is a good thing, and there is still a lot of potential in this setup if we can add counter attack and the odd long ball to the game plan imo.

Drawing in their team the way we do is a lush game plan to hit a few long ones and go bombing forwards with the likes of Mirallas, Coleman, Barkley, Lukaku and Etoo (the striker one not the CM), for now this sucks and the defence are leaking goals, but if you play around in front of them, its kind of inevitable.

I still have the faith, he will turn this around, our defence is a good one, when fit and we have the players that can score goals.

Next seasons pre season must be superior though, start off properly, get the confidence we need and ride the wave. Currently heads are down because this is the worse Everton have been since most have been here.

But we have the players to do great things, just need it to click and we will be awesome.

It was a simple yes or no.

That's some powers you have getting behind that to know what 800 people were motivated by.

I'm doing exactly the same as the players.

Maybe he has the same powers you use to know exactly why the players aren't playing at 100%

I'll be surprised if the players even turn up to tonight really, they've got a 7am tee off down the golf course with Big Unsy tomorrow so will probably want to get an early night.

if we can add counter attack and the odd long ball to the game plan imo.

Drawing in their team the way we do is a lush game plan to hit a few long ones and go bombing forwards with the likes of Mirallas, Coleman, Barkley, Lukaku and Etoo (the striker one not the CM), for now this sucks and the defence are leaking goals, but if you play around in front of them, its kind of inevitable.
Only nine teams this season have more long passes per game than Everton.

1 Manchester City 50
2 Arsenal 45
3 Chelsea 59
4 Everton 67
5 Manchester United 77
6 Liverpool 59
7 Tottenham 61
8 Southampton 71
9 Swansea 61
10 West Bromwich Albion 72
11 Newcastle United 65
12 Aston Villa 70
13 Sunderland 63
14 Stoke 62
15 Hull 71
16 West Ham 70
17 Queens Park Rangers 77
18 Leicester 73
19 Burnley 80
20 Crystal Palace 68

Its tackles Dave.

If we don't see LOTS of tackles tonight I hope Martinez H-BOMBS those surrender monkeys.

Particularly: you know who.
Spot on that. Everton's 16.4 tackles per game is only slightly higher than one other PL team: Burnley's 16.2.

All the better teams are on between 20 and 22 tackles per game.

There's some outrageous flinching by these players and it just underlines what little effort they're putting in.

Spot on that. Everton's 16.4 tackles per game is only slightly higher than Burnley's 16.2.

There's some outrageous flinching by these players and it just underlines what little effort they're putting in.

Mate. We've identified the problem.

One can only hope that Martinez ignores the plotters and listens to the real fans. Not the ones just looking and plotting to get him sacked.

Get those idiot + lazy players tackling and harassing when off the ball they need to be working very hard. AND SECOND BALLS FFS.

At present they're not. They need H-Bombing.

Mate. We've identified the problem.

One can only hope that Martinez ignores the plotters and listens to the real fans. Not the ones just looking and plotting to get him sacked.

Get those idiot + lazy players tackling and harassing when off the ball they need to be working very hard. AND SECOND BALLS FFS.

At present they're not. They need H-Bombing.
He needs to cajole 40 odd points from them this season, get to the summer and have a very big turnover in personnel. They've let him and the supporters down in a disgraceful manner. They cant be allowed to stay at the club and pollute that blue jersey any longer than is necessary.

He needs to cajole 40 odd points from them this season, get to the summer and have a very big turnover in personnel. They've let him and the supporters down in a disgraceful manner. They cant be allowed to stay at the club and pollute that blue jersey any longer than is necessary.

Well I wouldn't say whole sale but there is certainly an ejection list I've got.

There is one or two players I would say are not putting 100% in.

That is shown in the tackling stats. CLEAR AS DAY.

Despite what the Plotters would try and claim.

Spot on that. Everton's 16.4 tackles per game is only slightly higher than one other PL team: Burnley's 16.2.

Tackles? You're having a laugh aren't you?

How are they supposed to complete an 18 hole round of golf with Big Stubbsy if they've got sore ankles from too much tackling.

Well I wouldn't say whole sale but there is certainly an ejection list I've got.

There is one or two players I would say are not putting 100% in.

That is shown in the tackling stats. CLEAR AS DAY.

Despite what the Plotters would try and claim.
Howard, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Garbutt....out the door. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back