Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't train distin and jags to change the way they play, they believe they know better then Martinez. Its a pity stones been injured. Martinez needs money this Jan and sell Howard and release distin and pienarr now. Buy a keeper and defender plus a winger.

There was a moment first half Baines was taking a free kick in front of the dugout, he was looking around but mainly towards their penalty area, all you could hear from Bob was ' jags, jags'. In the end it went 20 yards across the pitch to Jagielka to Robles etc etc sort of summed us up at the moment for me

The squad need a proper Jon Sitton bollocking, but we'll come around. Would we have benefitted from sacking Moyes in his 2005 stumble? I know we all wanted fourth this year, and that's not happening, but 'koff calling for a manager's head in January when your team is still playing in Europe.

I'm pleased that I called Baines in midfield and Garbutt at leftback against Newcastle and Barry as part of a three man defence away at Hull, even if neither were especially effective.

I think that I'd probably use the same system at home to West Ham but I'd tweak it to give us more bite in midfield:

Joel
Jagielka Barry Distin
Coleman_____ Besic _____Garbutt
Naismith Baines
Mirallas Lukaku​

There should definitely be a serious culling of the squad in the summer.
If mcCarthy wants out, slap a £25m price tag on his head and let him go. Try to get Delph in on a free and bring in a new AM. Gibson will be gone by August at the latest imo and maybe Barry will opt for a move to the MLS. Would leave us with Barkley/Besic/Delph/Ledson. Doesn't look too bad

Could Lundstram be any worse than Barry has been this season? With him coming back from his loan, it might suggest one of the other CMs will be out for a while.

I had noticed that. If they're not wanting to take any chances with McCarthy and Gibson is nowhere near fitness we're left with Besic and Barry and the latter will definitely struggle with playing so many games in quick succession. I think that Baines, Barkley or even Oviedo would be the first choice to replace him but Lundstram could offer extra cover. I imagine that Roberto wouldn't really want to blood a young lad in a key position if we're going to get sucked into a dog scrap, especially if his partner (Besic) is green too.

If mcCarthy wants out, slap a £25m price tag on his head and let him go. Try to get Delph in on a free and bring in a new AM. Gibson will be gone by August at the latest imo and maybe Barry will opt for a move to the MLS. Would leave us with Barkley/Besic/Delph/Ledson. Doesn't look too bad

Dafuq? Where did THAT spring from?

If Martinez goes, I know the perfect replacement.

Paul Clement, current assistant manager at Real Madrid. This guy is very highly rated and I would imagine he'd consider us as his perfect stepping stone into management. A lot of top managers rate him very highly, particularly Carlo Ancelotti. He could be exactly who we are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back