Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberto inherited a very stable club with solid foundations. His first season was one of optimism - you could say the honeymoon period. We all craved change after Moyes's reign and Bobby did and said all the right things. He wooed the Everton public. We hit the ground running in that first season and this was in my humble opinion down to the work ethic and discipline installed by Moyes.

As the season wore on though our defense looked more and more vulnerable and our set-piece routines became a bit of a shambles, but the table didn't lie.

Pre-season was disjointed and this carried on into our early season form.

Roberto: "Our style is very clear,” he said. “Our style was very successful last season, giving us the biggest points tally in the Premier League in the history of our football club."

The way I see it is:

Problem one: Other Premier League teams now know how to play against Everton - they press. We did well in the Europa but those teams gave Everton time and space on the ball.
Problem two: The manager appears to have no idea how to combat this. He appears to be tinkering with tactics to no avail.
Problem three: The players now appear to have lost faith in his tactics.

Unfortunately for Roberto, there are a lot of Everton people on the payroll (staff and players) who will not like what they are seeing and will waste no time voicing their opinions behind closed doors. In my humble opinion, this has been happening already for some time.

I think Roberto is a great guy and would love to see him be successful at Everton but I think the plank has already been extended.

This is probably the first season where we've been able to rotate:

GK: Howard, Joel
RB: Coleman, Hibbert, Browning, McCarthy
CB: Jagielka, Alcaraz, Stones, Distin, Barry
LB: Baines, Garbutt, Oviedo, Hibbert
DM: Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Gibson, Osman, Barkley
RM: Coleman, McGeady, Mirallas, Atsu
CM: Barkley, Naismith, Osman, Eto'o
LM: Mirallas, McGeady, Barkley, Pienaar, Baines, Eto'o
CF: Lukaku, Naismith, Kone, Eto'o

I've probably even missed a few out. The Europa League and the amount of injuries we've had have undoubtedly contributed. Maybe we need to go back to having a settled side as much as possible to help with organisation, cohesion and understanding?

About 1/3 of them are either not good enough/legs are gone or injured all the time.

Last edited:
We were completely rudderless today and utterly clueless. The players look lost and dejected, if Pulis does another job on us on the 19th then it's bye bye Roberto. We have no leaders on the pitch, a shocking state of affairs. As for getting dragged into a relegation fight, wake up, we already are. Yes we've got the squad to pick up plenty of points, but where's the fight coming from?

Roberto inherited a very stable club with solid foundations. His first season was one of optimism - you could say the honeymoon period. We all craved change after Moyes's reign and Bobby did and said all the right things. He wooed the Everton public. We hit the ground running in that first season and this was in my humble opinion down to the work ethic and discipline installed by Moyes.

As the season wore on though our defense looked more and more vulnerable and our set-piece routines became a bit of a shambles, but the table didn't lie.

Pre-season was disjointed and this carried on into our early season form.

Roberto: "Our style is very clear,” he said. “Our style was very successful last season, giving us the biggest points tally in the Premier League in the history of our football club."

The way I see it is:

Problem one: Other Premier League teams now know how to play against Everton - they press. We did well in the Europa but those teams gave Everton time and space on the ball.
Problem two: The manager appears to have no idea how to combat this. He appears to be tinkering with tactics to no avail.
Problem three: The players now appear to have lost faith in his tactics.

Unfortunately for Roberto, there are a lot of Everton people on the payroll (staff and players) who will not like what they are seeing and will waste no time voicing their opinions behind closed doors. In my humble opinion, this has been happening already for some time.

I think Roberto is a great guy and would love to see him be successful at Everton but I think the plank has already been extended.

Actually good post this

After the newcastle game he came out to the press and said the players didn't have a clue what system they were supposed to play because they hadn't worked on anything and it was a shock

Oh i must have missed that, can probably chalk that up to him being young and naive. If there is malice to his favourite tweet then i guess there is an agenda of sorts there. I am extremely interested to know whats going on behind the scenes, I heard Jagielka and a few of the senior players where furious by the Goodison boo's during the QPR game

The American fitness coach had gone last summer and our players look unfit and always get injured therafter.

Stubbs and Irvine gone and our defence becomes sh1te.

Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back