Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is still in charge on Saturday it can only mean that the board have resigned themselves to defeat and that he will remain in charge for the remainder of the season. Bleach please, thank you.

Dont get me wrong the idea of a change is fine with me. Im just not convinced we have the people to implement that change especially with only 2 days to work with.

I agree mate but it's really not about long term ATM, 2 days 'up' will be lighter and more beneficial than 2 days 'down' whilst sat in the dark...it's damage limitation and the possibilty of a HUGE weight lifted from all, including the manager.

It's a sorry state of affairs indeed.

For a split second I get excited about Saturday, then I instantly remember he's still going to be the manager and my heart breaks.

Imagine how much of a lift it would give us all if he got binned?

For a split second I get excited about Saturday, then I instantly remember he's still going to be the manager and my heart breaks.

Imagine how much of a lift it would give us all if he got binned?

Agreed. Heck, I registered just to chime in on this topic. I've pretty much given up hope on Martinez as manager. Likeable guy but let's just face it; it didn't work out.

votes out of 273, and at least three people have come in here saying they meant to vote no.

The rest probably read "
I will get stick for this but I'd happily forego a Pyrrhic victory in the cup if winning it means he stays.

Short term, short lived "success" at the expense of the long term future.

Ambition breeds success. Making the right move now will allow many more chances at trophies.

Who'd be thinking of the cup when we are in a relegation battle next season.

Wigan then.

Liverpool sacked Rodgers after a 1-1 draw at Goodison.

We still haven't sacked ours after a 4-0 drubbing.

Says it all really. We're so far from being a top club at the moment, and the whole Martinez situation is just proving it - what other 'top club' (United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs) would stand for this?

It is the darkest before the dawn and there is no better way to bounce back than at Wembley, but a semi final win wouldn't change anything on the Martinez front for me. He's got to go, preferably now, if not end of season at the latest.

Has to go before end of season, give a new manager time over summer to sort the club out, can see him gone on Monday if we perform like last night again.

I'm getting more pissed off the longer they don't sack him. Like literally by the minute.

I think I might have actually condensed into 100% pure rage by the time the cup semi arrives.

Says it all really. We're so far from being a top club at the moment, and the whole Martinez situation is just proving it - what other 'top club' (United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs) would stand for this?

It is the darkest before the dawn and there is no better way to bounce back than at Wembley, but a semi final win wouldn't change anything on the Martinez front for me. He's got to go, preferably now, if not end of season at the latest.
We've not been a top club for decades, too many at board level still happy plugging along. We need mosh to take action

I like the fact that we tend not to knee-jerk, but this has been building up slowly and consistently since last season. I'm all for giving a man time, but when it plainly is not working then decisive action needs to be taken. He should be sacked today.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back