Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/05/aiden-mcgeady-spartak-moscow-celtic-england

McGeady denies his salary, reported at £75,000 a week when he moved from Celtic, has put off potential suitors. "When you are contracted at a club in Russia, they can ask for whatever they want to sell you. And they do," he explains. "I was linked with Zenit and Anzhi, I wouldn't have gone there but Spartak would demand £20m-30m for me anyway. I think that is more of a factor than what wages I have been earning."

called out as being greedy in several of the articles ive googled at random.

he's basically admitted hes on mega wages there.

i really dont want another johnny here.

Last edited:
Do they though?

I know Anzhi,Zenit and CSKA have money but not sure about the rest of the league

even Anji don't; anymore, their owner got bored and was pissed off at not winning the league two years straight. Financial meltdown for them. Russia isn't made of money, just the duopoly do.

Seriously though lads I don't see him being on half his Russian wage of 75k a week with us - I think the minimum would be 50k and even that is extortionate for someone who is probably not going to be more than an 'impact' player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back