Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not talking about a loan fee, thats his wages for year. Apparently City wouldnt let him go unless we paid all of his £120k a week wages.

That is what i read at the time of signing him. May not be true, very well could be, none of us truly know, but like i said, its what i heard.

Funny isnt it, a player we was linked to for a couple of weeks before close of window but could only get him signed with minutes to spare AFTER Felli fcuked off, Strange one that. Same with McCarthy, supposedly wasnt dependant on Felli's sale yet when we bid for him on deadline day BEFORE Felli left, are bid got seriously laughed at and ridiculed by Whelan on SSN, Felli goes and we give em £13m straight up!.

Not really that surprising city wanted us to buy him and we wanted him on loan that's why it wen to the last minutes. An wasn't barry just a back up because we couldn't get the octopus anyway.

Not really that surprising city wanted us to buy him and we wanted him on loan that's why it wen to the last minutes. An wasn't barry just a back up because we couldn't get the octopus anyway.

I wonder what kind of deal he would be prepared to accept off us in the summer.

From Everton's perspective I'd be happy with 2 years at 50k p/w as at present he's clearly in the top 2 or 3 performers in the side.

But then thats 70k less than what hes been on at City, so I dont know what he'd think about that.

I wonder what kind of deal he would be prepared to accept off us in the summer.

From Everton's perspective I'd be happy with 2 years at 50k p/w as at present he's clearly in the top 2 or 3 performers in the side.

But then thats 70k less than what hes been on at City, so I dont know what he'd think about that.

I suppose but you can look at it the other way and say who's going to offer him more and he's settled here as well.

Exactly, they wanted him off of the wage bill, so wanted to sell him, but we wasnt prepared to pay whatever in wages and a fee, could of ended up paying upwards to £10m on him.

If i remember rightly at the time and what i read, City wanted £2m or more in a permanent deal, we wanted a loan but they wanted all his wages paying and i read we agreed to it in the end.

But its only what i read, could be absolute bollox but i look at the reality of it, we sell Felli and Vic for what we did and could afford to sign Macca and Barry after, would seem we used that money we fetched in to make are signings at the death.

Exactly, they wanted him off of the wage bill, so wanted to sell him, but we wasnt prepared to pay whatever in wages and a fee, could of ended up paying upwards to £10m on him.

If i remember rightly at the time and what i read, City wanted £2m or more in a permanent deal, we wanted a loan but they wanted all his wages paying and i read we agreed to it in the end.

But its only what i read, could be absolute bollox but i look at the reality of it, we sell Felli and Vic for what we did and could afford to sign Macca and Barry after, would seem we used that money we fetched in to make are signings at the death.

Is probably the right answer.

Seriously though lads I don't see him being on half his Russian wage of 75k a week with us - I think the minimum would be 50k and even that is extortionate for someone who is probably not going to be more than an 'impact' player

Well it really depends how much "impact" he has doesn't it.

If Its true that Mcgeady nearly signed for Wigan but for injuries, surely his wages arent too bad?

or maybe his wages are why he didnt sign for Wigan?

But playing devils advocate lets say he signs, does it mean he operates in rotation with Kev? what about Deulofeu?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back