Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are not paying £120k a week for Barry, more like £60k-£70k. We have a wage structure and that would destroy it. Plus, players like Baines and maybe Jagielka will possibly have "Highest earner at club" clauses in their contracts so that if a player signs with a higher salary than them, their wages will either match or surpass it.

I wonder what kind of deal he would be prepared to accept off us in the summer.

From Everton's perspective I'd be happy with 2 years at 50k p/w as at present he's clearly in the top 2 or 3 performers in the side.

But then thats 70k less than what hes been on at City, so I dont know what he'd think about that.

I'm honestly not sure we can afford him if a spurs, arsenal, Liverpool etc come in for him at the end of the season, he could do a job for all those teams and they would match his wages most likely.

We just need to hope nobody else wants him- I'm not sure about all this 'we'll sign him on a free' stuff, as I really don't think we will.

or maybe his wages are why he didnt sign for Wigan?

But playing devils advocate lets say he signs, does it mean he operates in rotation with Kev? what about Deulofeu?

Comes on when we need the game changing, in the time before deulofeu comes back, when we want to rest pienaar, when mirallas is off form or sulking etc. we are very much missing a pacey winger so I'm happy with this

I'm honestly not sure we can afford him if a spurs, arsenal, Liverpool etc come in for him at the end of the season, he could do a job for all those teams and they would match his wages most likely.

We just need to hope nobody else wants him- I'm not sure about all this 'we'll sign him on a free' stuff, as I really don't think we will.

Comes on when we need the game changing, in the time before deulofeu comes back, when we want to rest pienaar, when mirallas is off form or sulking etc. we are very much missing a pacey winger so I'm happy with this

He's settled here and currently has a starting place. He wouldn't get that at any of the teams that you've just mentioned. He moved from City to get more first team football so I can't see him doing that personally.

What I dont get is that we are skint right. The money from the summer will probably have vanished by now as per usual so we are operating on a budget. Martinez has already spoke about covering gibbo and kone so thats a midfielder and striker to come in at least for 6 months.

however with helavic surely leaving, heitinga just deciding what country to go to, that means we need another striker and defender.

call me sceptical but cant see us bringing in 4 players which includes 2 strikers?!

Watford went nuts and signed something like 10 players from Udinese last season didn't they?

Premier League rules are different. They've had a limit on them for ages. Think it's changed now but the rule in the CHampionship was you can't have more than 5 loan players from within ENgland in your match squad, didn't count for foreign.

What I dont get is that we are skint right. The money from the summer will probably have vanished by now as per usual so we are operating on a budget. Martinez has already spoke about covering gibbo and kone so thats a midfielder and striker to come in at least for 6 months.

however with helavic surely leaving, heitinga just deciding what country to go to, that means we need another striker and defender.

call me sceptical but cant see us bringing in 4 players which includes 2 strikers?!

What a nickname. F*cking Hellavic.

Premier League rules are different. They've had a limit on them for ages. Think it's changed now but the rule in the CHampionship was you can't have more than 5 loan players from within ENgland in your match squad, didn't count for foreign.

Ah right I see. Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back