Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not paying Barry 120k a week

I heard we was. Heard we put up £6m or more to get him on loan. You see, people think we have a lot of the Felli (£27.5m) & Vic (£4m upfront) money left, but when you add it all up, £13m for Macca, £6m in wages for Barry over a year and £3m For Lukaku in total, thats £22m off of £31.5m!

I heard we was. Heard we put up £6m or more to get him on loan. You see, people think we have a lot of the Felli (£27.5m) & Vic (£4m upfront) money left, but when you add it all up, £13m for Macca, £6m in wages for Barry over a year and £3m For Lukaku in total, thats £22m off of £31.5m!

That in itself is hilarious.

We certainly didn't pay £6m for a loan, not only that we aren't paying any payer over £75k. City wanted to cut their wages and the only way they could do it was by taking half of Barry, as they couldn't sell him and we were the best suitors.

We are not paying £120k a week for Barry, more like £60k-£70k. We have a wage structure and that would destroy it. Plus, players like Baines and maybe Jagielka will possibly have "Highest earner at club" clauses in their contracts so that if a player signs with a higher salary than them, their wages will either match or surpass it.

That in itself is hilarious.

We certainly didn't pay £6m for a loan, not only that we aren't paying any payer over £75k. City wanted to cut their wages and the only way they could do it was by taking half of Barry, as they couldn't sell him and we were the best suitors.

Im not talking about a loan fee, thats his wages for year. Apparently City wouldnt let him go unless we paid all of his £120k a week wages.

That is what i read at the time of signing him. May not be true, very well could be, none of us truly know, but like i said, its what i heard.

Funny isnt it, a player we was linked to for a couple of weeks before close of window but could only get him signed with minutes to spare AFTER Felli fcuked off, Strange one that. Same with McCarthy, supposedly wasnt dependant on Felli's sale yet when we bid for him on deadline day BEFORE Felli left, are bid got seriously laughed at and ridiculed by Whelan on SSN, Felli goes and we give em £13m straight up!.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously though lads I don't see him being on half his Russian wage of 75k a week with us - I think the minimum would be 50k and even that is extortionate for someone who is probably not going to be more than an 'impact' player

Show me were it says he's on 75k a week

Spurs only just agreed to giving him £120k a week, but City dont like loaning there players out and paying alot of there wages

No club will like doing that but sometimes you have to just cut your losses.

Barry is a strange one because he could have certainly offered City something this season, he just would have been their 3rd choice CM at best, and obviously he didn't fancy that. He's done quite well to get out of there on the terms that he did.

No club will like doing that but sometimes you have to just cut your losses.

Barry is a strange one because he could have certainly offered City something this season, he just would have been their 3rd choice CM at best, and obviously he didn't fancy that. He's done quite well to get out of there on the terms that he did.

I agree, but get Barry off of the wage bill and his wages could go to someone else, like, Fernandinho say, who's took his place in the side.

Show me were it says he's on 75k a week

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/05/aiden-mcgeady-spartak-moscow-celtic-england

McGeady denies his salary, reported at £75,000 a week when he moved from Celtic, has put off potential suitors. "When you are contracted at a club in Russia, they can ask for whatever they want to sell you. And they do," he explains. "I was linked with Zenit and Anzhi, I wouldn't have gone there but Spartak would demand £20m-30m for me anyway. I think that is more of a factor than what wages I have been earning."

called out as being greedy in several of the articles ive googled at random.

he's basically admitted hes on mega wages there.

i really dont want another johnny here.

from my earlier post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back