Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is McGeady still suspensed/training with their youth team? We shouldn't be looking to pay more than a couple of million on him in Jan. They want him off their payroll

When we've signed Donovan on loan previously, at what point was it announced?

He'd be ideal with young Gerard set for a period on the treatment table

When we've signed Donovan on loan previously, at what point was it announced?

He'd be ideal with young Gerard set for a period on the treatment table

Is Landon Donovan something that most Blues are wanting? Being an American, obviously I would love it, but I'm blinded by my false patriotism to our own players.

I do know a lot of MLS US MNT players are looking to be loaned out before the WC this summer.

Is Landon Donovan something that most Blues are wanting? Being an American, obviously I would love it, but I'm blinded by my false patriotism to our own players.

I do know a lot of MLS US MNT players are looking to be loaned out before the WC this summer.

it's hard to envision any blue not wanting him back. Was brilliant on both his loan spells here. Would bring quality, experience, depth and we know he would fit in well with the players we have at the club. I think he would be a much better option than McGeady to be honest.

Donovan would be welcomed back all day long. He'd give the place an instant lift, fit in instantly and his movement and workrate would prove to be big assets even if he might have lost half a yard of pace since he was last here. Signing him on loan would be a no-brainer if it was possible

A couple more injuries and Naismith and Osman could be getting a lot more starts :unsure:
January is going to be an interesting month for sure

Anyone calling for donovan as the signing they want are still living in the moyes era, fact is we should be aiming for a lot better than landon, de bruyn for example, donovan is a 9 game player during any loan and significantly below the current starters, its like people saying lets bring cahill back for loan, baffling tbh

Anyone calling for donovan as the signing they want are still living in the moyes era, fact is we should be aiming for a lot better than landon, de bruyn for example, donovan is a 9 game player during any loan and significantly below the current starters, its like people saying lets bring cahill back for loan, baffling tbh

On loan ( if we are allowed any more? ) I would take Donovan back all day long mate and nowt to do with Moyes. That 9 game period where he would be available is a crucial part of the season and he can play multiple positions and knows the club and what's expected. Take De Bruyne if we are talking about permanent signings though!

Don't agree with this. Its not about getting trying to find starting players who will cost top dollar, we also need the squad plsyers. Without them, we will struggle in the FA cup and what's the point of getting Europe if next season we don't even have the squad to rotate for or after European games. As mentioned, one or two injuries and were looking at Jelavic, Naismith and Osman all in the starting eleven. I know id much rather have Cahill, Donovan or other squad type players coming on rather than them.

What a load of tosh! And why the need to mention moyes is this instance is baffling and boring!

We still needed another winger before Delefoe got injured, so Donovan would be perfect to cover for Delefoe's absence. He can also play up top, either wing or No.10 so if available it's a no brainer.

It's looking like McGeady could be a serious possibility, who I really don't rate tbh but if Bobby says so who am I to argue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back