Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree with this. Its not about getting trying to find starting players who will cost top dollar, we also need the squad plsyers. Without them, we will struggle in the FA cup and what's the point of getting Europe if next season we don't even have the squad to rotate for or after European games. As mentioned, one or two injuries and were looking at Jelavic, Naismith and Osman all in the starting eleven. I know id much rather have Cahill, Donovan or other squad type players coming on rather than them.

Problem is mate, Cahill is completely washed up, he was the last season before he left us and would add nothing except camaraderie to the squad, The huge problem with Donovan, is that its a loan for at most 2 months, after that were back to square one, IF we are to use the last loan spot it should be on a player who can contribute until the very end of the season not just a band aid fix for jan/feb then were back to threadbare in that position

I have full faith in McGeady.

Gibson, Barry, McCarthy - people never learn.

We cant be turning to Naismith and Jelavic. That will just kill the season stone dead.

What a load of tosh! And why the need to mention moyes is this instance is baffling and boring!

We still needed another winger before Delefoe got injured, so Donovan would be perfect to cover for Delefoe's absence. He can also play up top, either wing or No.10 so if available it's a no brainer.

It's looking like McGeady could be a serious possibility, who I really don't rate tbh but if Bobby says so who am I to argue!

So referring to a player who was twice brought in by moyes on loan as a 'moyes era' type signing is baffling and boring, ****ing hell mate you that sensitive to anything getting said about the former manager in any post that you have to harp on about that?

OK facts, its a no brainer to bring in a player - the last one where allowed on loan to cover for injuries and add depth, but whose only able to provide that cover for 2 months after which point we are screwed if the likes of delefou gets another knock?

Fact if we are serious about finishing in the top 4, then we have to bring in players who can enable us to achieve that until the end of the season, preferably permanent ones, so the onus is on the biggest evertonian in the world to back his manager and actually give him the chance to push on, by signing AT LEAST 3 players

As for McGeady mate, if you've seen him play more than for Ireland - and I have done, then you will know he is utter ****e regardless of if bobby rates him or not, he has gotten players wrong before in his managerial career yanno, so to simply sit their and accept a player who isnt good enough is well kinda brainless and a little baffling mate to use your own words

Last edited:

I have full faith in McGeady.

Gibson, Barry, McCarthy - people never learn.

We cant be turning to Naismith and Jelavic. That will just kill the season stone dead.

I never said a bad word against any of the 3 signings mentioned mate, 1 was a proven top quality player cast aside by a new manager and was delighted we got him in, the other was a very promising young player - whose only gripe i had was about the amount up front we payed, although i stated that long term he'd justify it
as for gibbo i honestly didnt have much clue about him when he signed so cant comment

If you have full faith in McGeady mate then you havn't seen him play much, he's not some young kid you can mold into a better player, hes fully developed and hugely flawed, think mcfadden for a lot of pace and absolutely no brain or vision, can vault this if it floats ya boat but if he signs he will provide nothing to the team besides frustration

I never said a bad word against any of the 3 signings mentioned mate, 1 was a proven top quality player cast aside by a new manager and was delighted we got him in, the other was a very promising young player - whose only gripe i had was about the amount up front we payed, although i stated that long term he'd justify it
as for gibbo i honestly didnt have much clue about him when he signed so cant comment

If you have full faith in McGeady mate then you havn't seen him play much, he's not some young kid you can mold into a better player, hes fully developed and hugely flawed, think mcfadden for a lot of pace and absolutely no brain or vision, can vault this if it floats ya boat but if he signs he will provide nothing to the team besides frustration

I've seen him play and I think he'd be a step down from Deulofeu. But we have to be realistic - we're not going to get Arjen Robben. If Martinez believes he can do a job getting Lukaku service then I'm right behind it. If there's one thing this manager knows it's how to get product from the flanks.

Let's not get too carried away about how bad McGeady is - he's played at a very decent level.

I hope we don't sign McGeady. If the rumours are true Bobby must have sent people to see him tons of times by now, which should mean they know we can do much better.

..everybody will have their aspirational targets, but at the end of the day all that matters is who RM wants and is capable of bringing in. I'm more interested in rumours. Papers again linking Barkley with Manchester clubs this morning, but I really don't see anything happening on that front.

I've seen him play and I think he'd be a step down from Deulofeu. But we have to be realistic - we're not going to get Arjen Robben. If Martinez believes he can do a job getting Lukaku service then I'm right behind it. If there's one thing this manager knows it's how to get product from the flanks.

Let's not get too carried away about how bad McGeady is - he's played at a very decent level.

Agreed, I have only seen a couple of YouTube clips but he looks quick, skilfully and two footed. Fans are quick to call players rubbish but different teams/coaching and styles suit different players.

..Papers again linking Barkley with Manchester clubs this morning, but I really don't see anything happening on that front.

Can't see that happening now. We no longer have someone in charge that is in bed with United for his next big payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back