Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'd be brought in as a first choice player. I just think maybe Martinez sees him as a cheap, useful squad player. We've been linked with him for ages now so perhaps there is some substance to it.

As I say, I don't really know enough about him to form a proper opinion. Surely though he'd be a better option than Osman, Naismith or Jelavic? We need players who are prepared to sit on the bench but who also have something to offer, whilst not being too expensive at the same time. Finding players who fit that requirement is tricky.

I know exactly what ya mean mate, i said something similar the other day in the better the team gets the harder in a way it is to improve squad depth as you need a much higher calibre to not have a huge drop off, and without European footy its a lot harder to find that type of player unless its a loan or youth player or you get lucky.

I rate him at a similar level to Naismith and osman, hes capable of doing something occasionally, with him its pace to beat someone or to keep a threat of a counter when sitting back, just he has so many flaws in his game like with those two that i dunno if its a better option or just a different kind of frustration if we have him here

I'm not sure who you're on about, mate. Who is that?

In my opinion at the very least we need a CM, and a winger/striker. Ideally I'd like to see us get 3 players in, 1 CM, 1 winger and 1 striker.

Bibras Natkho, currently playing for Rubin Kazan mate, on a free in December i believe as he turned down the latest contracts, Kanchelskis actually made some comment about him being up to the quality of the prem league the other day

I don't want McGeady.

If Martinez is looking for an out and out winger on the cheap I'd sooner see him take a chance on Ross McCormack or Milos Krasic.

Krasic's situation is similar to Arteta and Pienaar's before they moved to Everton. This seems to be a good place for talented players that have lost their way.

Only heard good things about him. Also named 'the best foreigner' in the Russian Premier League if I remember correctly?

Bear in mind mate he's a muslim playing in russia and the fans love him, tells a lot about the player as normally their not the most tolerant lot of foreign players in particular ones with a noticeable difference to them.

He's a rare player, a defensive mid primarily but one who often gets labelled with the playmaker tag, and apparently one who wishes to move to a bigger stage etc, all bodes to getting a hungry player in who provides something we lack currently

I know exactly what ya mean mate, i said something similar the other day in the better the team gets the harder in a way it is to improve squad depth as you need a much higher calibre to not have a huge drop off, and without European footy its a lot harder to find that type of player unless its a loan or youth player or you get lucky.

I rate him at a similar level to Naismith and osman, hes capable of doing something occasionally, with him its pace to beat someone or to keep a threat of a counter when sitting back, just he has so many flaws in his game like with those two that i dunno if its a better option or just a different kind of frustration if we have him here

Bibras Natkho, currently playing for Rubin Kazan mate, on a free in December i believe as he turned down the latest contracts, Kanchelskis actually made some comment about him being up to the quality of the prem league the other day

Yes you're right, and then with the added amount of fixtures involved you need more and more good players. It'll be interesting to see what happens, if anything at all, with regards to McGeady.

Judging by what you and Kantareller have just said about Natkho seems like the kind of player we'll be looking for at CM. I recognise the name now.

Yes you're right, and then with the added amount of fixtures involved you need more and more good players. It'll be interesting to see what happens, if anything at all, with regards to McGeady.

Judging by what you and Kantareller have just said about Natkho seems like the kind of player we'll be looking for at CM. I recognise the name now.

Like anyone who bobby goes for mate, if he gets McGeady then is seriously will get behind the lad and hope to god he proves me wrong bigtime, i just hope that we at a board level back him in january, and get him the people he wants as first choice, NOT make him settle for his 3rd 4th choice options, it can make the difference between pushing on or dropping off second half of the year

Isreali muslim? rare indeed.

Actually they outnumber the jewish isrealis mate, what is rare is that he's playing for the national side, for players often theirs something important that cant be seen on stat sheets etc, a character thing, and to me it points to a person with a strength of character to be doing that, it cant be the easiest thing to do in the world

I've seen him play a lot mate, and as far as end product he just doesnt provide anything, and yeah we arent gonna get robben or that ilk, but their are wide men out their within our range - de bruyne is one of those, hes talking up a move to bundesliga to teams no bigger than us, the problem with McGeady is he is all pace, his skill isn't great and he has no vision or ability to slot a pass, he isnt the answer to providing service to lukaku of that i am certian, and I'm not talking out my arse on this mate, i live in russia so seen a lot of the McGeady and the isreali lad weve been linked with and the Israeli lad although center mid is a mile ahead of him in what we need and in talent

Thing is though, who at Everton right now is capable of giving Lukaku service? All the players we have now and who we think are great (Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley) aren't supplying him. He's in space screaming for it and he's feeding off scraps.

Maybe McGeady is not the right choice. De Bruyne for me is a cracking player, but his game is more central - he'd do a lot of the stuff we have Barkley for. He was great at breaking forward at Bremen from deep. I cant think off hand who could come in on the cheap at RM to do what Deulofeu has offered - and then some! It'd cost about 10M to prise someone of that class out in January.

Thing is though, who at Everton right now is capable of giving Lukaku service? All the players we have now and who we think are great (Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley) aren't supplying him. He's in space screaming for it and he's feeding off scraps.

Maybe McGeady is not the right choice. De Bruyne for me is a cracking player, but his game is more central - he'd do a lot of the stuff we have Barkley for. He was great at breaking forward at Bremen from deep. I cant think off hand who could come in on the cheap at RM to do what Deulofeu has offered - and then some! It'd cost about 10M to prise someone of that class out in January.

Honestly Dave mate, it's that type of money we have to spend in Jan if were serious about maintaining a top 4 push, De Bruyne would be s statement of where not happy to be overachieving etc like yesteryear but are genuinely pushing and expecting to be in that mix. How the money comes is another question altogther though ofc

A big problem is we need those balls to Lukaku primarily from the center, and its not part of any of Barry, Mccarthy or barkleys games to do this yet, so we need to have someone who can thread that ball through to him, Being honest its the biggest problem with barkley atm, he occupies the position that shoudl be giving the bullets for lukaku, but he isnt, so were kinda in a quandry how to fix that

Mcgeady on a free or next to nothing worth the gamble IMO

Fernando of Porto could be poached in January on a pre contract or sign him for couple if million

I would spend the Felliani money on lukaku think Chelsea would part with him for 15m ??

We need back up striker who? I don't know but jelavic. I think mirallas could do a job up top if needed though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back