Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy is a important to us as Gibson / Carsley was. Where either of them worth £15m. No. £15m midfielders create and score goals, McCarthy keeps it simple and loves a tackle, but im not having he's worth £13m +. Madness.

Fair point. One I'd made myself when we got him. BUT, I complained for years we where too nice, didn't have enough character, not desperate enough to win and weren't hungry. This lids bringing all them things in the most important position on the pitch. Plus when you've got full backs who contribute what ours do you can get away with it.

We've dominated almost every midfield we've come up against this season, bar city. I'd have to be honest and say that's down to him and Barry.

I've never been so happy to be so wrong.

Pablo having a nightmare here

jstgt.jpg

I don't think McGeady would be all that bad tbh!. He always turned it on in the big CL games for Celtic and as improved whilst playing in Russia, and on a cheap deal in Jan, would be a good squad player IMO.

Can play on either wing and what I like about him, is he's a throw back winger that likes to try and beat a man and get to the byline and whip crosses in.

He hasn't improved whilst being in russia mate, he still is just like a headless chicken, beats people with pace then does feck all with the ball, hes not good enough simple as

The lads got talent. He'd need to produce it week in, week out and be a bit more direct for us. Lukaku has needed better service than Deulofeu/Mirallas has been giving him. Another ball hogger we dont need.

In Martinez we trust.

Dave mate don't be sucked in by the youtube montages, he is pure gash, i live in russia and have seen him a lot, he has no end product whatsoever

I've seen him play and I think he'd be a step down from Deulofeu. But we have to be realistic - we're not going to get Arjen Robben. If Martinez believes he can do a job getting Lukaku service then I'm right behind it. If there's one thing this manager knows it's how to get product from the flanks.

Let's not get too carried away about how bad McGeady is - he's played at a very decent level.

I've seen him play a lot mate, and as far as end product he just doesnt provide anything, and yeah we arent gonna get robben or that ilk, but their are wide men out their within our range - de bruyne is one of those, hes talking up a move to bundesliga to teams no bigger than us, the problem with McGeady is he is all pace, his skill isn't great and he has no vision or ability to slot a pass, he isnt the answer to providing service to lukaku of that i am certian, and I'm not talking out my arse on this mate, i live in russia so seen a lot of the McGeady and the isreali lad weve been linked with and the Israeli lad although center mid is a mile ahead of him in what we need and in talent

I've seen him play a lot mate, and as far as end product he just doesnt provide anything, and yeah we arent gonna get robben or that ilk, but their are wide men out their within our range - de bruyne is one of those, hes talking up a move to bundesliga to teams no bigger than us, the problem with McGeady is he is all pace, his skill isn't great and he has no vision or ability to slot a pass, he isnt the answer to providing service to lukaku of that i am certian, and I'm not talking out my arse on this mate, i live in russia so seen a lot of the McGeady and the isreali lad weve been linked with and the Israeli lad although center mid is a mile ahead of him in what we need and in talent

Would you not think he'd be worth a go at a very cheap price. He only has 6 months left on his deal and he's desperate to go isn't he?

Just interested mate. Not watched him much for a few years personally.

Would you not think he'd be worth a go at a very cheap price. He only has 6 months left on his deal and he's desperate to go isn't he?

If any fee is paid on him mate i'd say no, with him being free its gonna involve a decent signing fee and decent wages, all that points for me in stay clear, what he offers doesnt warrant what we would be paying overall, we could do a lot better

Being honest about it we need to trim the wage bill of players we wouldn't be happy starting for us, not getting rid of the likes of Vic, jela, heitenga, hibbert, only to replace them with similar fringe squad players who we all kinda groan if they have to play a part, its the only way we will be able to strengthen to make top 4 anything other than a one season blip (if we get their)

the isreali lad who plays here is very good on the other hand and well worth the investment, would be a very good replacement for what we lack without gibbo mate, someone who can thread a good through ball, lukaku would like him a lot

If any fee is paid on him mate i'd say no, with him being free its gonna involve a decent signing fee and decent wages, all that points for me in stay clear, what he offers doesnt warrant what we would be paying overall, we could do a lot better

Being honest about it we need to trim the wage bill of players we wouldn't be happy starting for us, not getting rid of the likes of Vic, jela, heitenga, hibbert, only to replace them with similar fringe squad players who we all kinda groan if they have to play a part, its the only way we will be able to strengthen to make top 4 anything other than a one season blip (if we get their)

I don't think he'd be brought in as a first choice player. I just think maybe Martinez sees him as a cheap, useful squad player. We've been linked with him for ages now so perhaps there is some substance to it.

As I say, I don't really know enough about him to form a proper opinion. Surely though he'd be a better option than Osman, Naismith or Jelavic? We need players who are prepared to sit on the bench but who also have something to offer, whilst not being too expensive at the same time. Finding players who fit that requirement is tricky.

the isreali lad who plays here is very good on the other hand and well worth the investment, would be a very good replacement for what we lack without gibbo mate, someone who can thread a good through ball, lukaku would like him a lot

I'm not sure who you're on about, mate. Who is that?

In my opinion at the very least we need a CM, and a winger/striker. Ideally I'd like to see us get 3 players in, 1 CM, 1 winger and 1 striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back