Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we will lose 3, maybe 4 players this window.

Jelavic, Heitinga, Velios will be shown the door, lucky to get 6m for the 3, I think Baines will be moved on, that gives us around 22m to spend, minus Bills tax, about 15m to buy a Striker, CM and a Winger.

FFS

Jelavic, Heitinga, Velios will be shown the door, lucky to get 6m for the 3, I think Baines will be moved on, that gives us around 22m to spend, minus Bills tax, about 15m to buy a Striker, CM and a Winger.

FFS

If thats the scenario mate we could improve the team for the final push this year

Honestly Dave mate, it's that type of money we have to spend in Jan if were serious about maintaining a top 4 push, De Bruyne would be s statement of where not happy to be overachieving etc like yesteryear but are genuinely pushing and expecting to be in that mix. How the money comes is another question altogther though ofc

A big problem is we need those balls to Lukaku primarily from the center, and its not part of any of Barry, Mccarthy or barkleys games to do this yet, so we need to have someone who can thread that ball through to him, Being honest its the biggest problem with barkley atm, he occupies the position that shoudl be giving the bullets for lukaku, but he isnt, so were kinda in a quandry how to fix that

We need to spend for sure. I think Martinez will sort a winger. If not AM then someone else.

Centrally, I've always rated Diego, now at Wolfsburg. If we could cough up about 9M he could be persuaded away. He'd find Lukaku.

All easier said then done with Billy Liar in control.

FFS

I'd be amazed if he didn't end up at Hamburg with van Marwijk his old national manager.

FFS

De Bruyne for around the 10m mark, Bibras Natkho from Kazam on a free, leaves us 5m to find a striker - im guessing a loan is the only option outside of a punt on a unkown/unproven one mate failing that get henandez as part of the baines deal, less money to go missing in bills settee

De Bruyne for around the 10m mark, Bibras Natkho from Kazam on a free, leaves us 5m to find a striker - im guessing a loan is the only option outside of a punt on a unkown/unproven one mate failing that get henandez as part of the baines deal, less money to go missing in bills settee

Cant see Hernandez coming even as a desperate make-weight to bag Baines. Moyes genuinely rates him too.

I agree 100% with what you're saying here, btw. Players like McGeady etc would be making do and mending at best. We need to spend reasonably big and take a chance that Martinez is the *great manager* Kenwright hailed him as today.

We all know that that isn't happening though.

Cant see Hernandez coming even as a desperate make-weight to bag Baines. Moyes genuinely rates him too.

I agree 100% with what you're saying here, btw. Players like McGeady etc would be making do and mending at best. We need to spend reasonably big and take a chance that Martinez is the *great manager* Kenwright hailed him as today.

We all know that that isn't happening though.

Other option is Guidetti mate, dunno if theirs a chance that city will elt him go on the cheap like, but we do have a history of dealing with them so always a chance

If heitinga and jelavic go for 5 m couple that with the 13m left from summer then I think we need a winger centre mid and striker . IMO we should try and get de bruyne as he can play both wing and midfield . The striker should be Alfred finnbogason or Michy Batshuayi some one of that mould who young and could be brought for 6m. Hopefully if we made them signings we get champions league and hit the jackpot

Other option is Guidetti mate, dunno if theirs a chance that city will elt him go on the cheap like, but we do have a history of dealing with them so always a chance

Great player with Feyenoord on loan. Been ill though and you dont know what you'll get now I reckon.

City would do it so we take points off their rivals I'd bet!

Great player with Feyenoord on loan. Been ill though and you dont know what you'll get now I reckon.

City would do it so we take points off their rivals I'd bet!

The one i'd love is Dzeko mate, but literally no chance in hell of getting him, think guidetti seems to be over the illness though as he was on cities bench a few times this year so far

and all though i've been critical of loaning in donovan, if it was paired up with say getting in a de bruyne then i can see the value of it, adding short temr depth whilst a permanent player settles a little

Yes we need a striker,but that's about all.
We have a manager who can and does know how to get the best from his players.
Spurs have spent massively and look at the state they're in.It's not all about what you spend but how you spend it.

Yes we need a striker,but that's about all.
We have a manager who can and does know how to get the best from his players.
Spurs have spent massively and look at the state they're in.It's not all about what you spend but how you spend it.

Yes but spurs brought players specifc to there first team . Us on the other hand are buying as we lack options eg when mcarthys out we don't really have good cover or on the wings when pienaar not on form. We are not talking of the 6 plus players spurs brought we only need 3 until summer

and all though i've been critical of loaning in donovan, if it was paired up with say getting in a de bruyne then i can see the value of it, adding short temr depth whilst a permanent player settles a little

is de Bruyne even on our club's radar? Gawd, I hope so. They need to be looking at him.. so young talented. Not the fastest of wingers but his service is unbelievably good and has a cannon of a shot.

is de Bruyne even on our club's radar? Gawd, I hope so. They need to be looking at him.. so young talented. Not the fastest of wingers but his service is unbelievably good and has a cannon of a shot.

Well his agent has been doing the rounds of linking him with a move away in January permanently for his world cup chances and the german papers have been linking him to at least 3 of their teams, wolfsburg, leverskusen and schalke mate, factor in that martinez has dealt with chelsea a few times as wigan boss and as ours, the fact he's good mates with lukaku and international team mates with both him and mirrales and you have to figure the name has come up in conversations.

The one i'd love is Dzeko mate, but literally no chance in hell of getting him, think guidetti seems to be over the illness though as he was on cities bench a few times this year so far

Could you imagine the Chelsea fan/media uproar if De Bruyne was feeding Lukaku every week to score for us?
Magnificent prospect but Jose would never let it happen.

Not so sure about Donovan now, tbh.

I think Martinez will buy two on the cheap and loan one in January. The loan deal will be worth about 40M of talent knowing him like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back