Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is right Ross.

Ross Barkley ‏@RBarkley20 1m

Bbja1WXIEAAtCw2.jpg

I would seriously look to sell baines in the window, get about £16 mil for him and use that to bring in De Bruyne for £10-12 mil and £3-4 mil on a backup LB with Oviedo becoming the first team LB. That would leave the rest of the felliani money for another 1-2 players like Fernando and Bruno Martins Indi, we could use that money to seriously rebuild the squad with young talent would rather that than keep hold of a 29 year old LB whose backup has proved just as effective (minus the set pieces)

I would seriously look to sell baines in the window, get about £16 mil for him and use that to bring in De Bruyne for £10-12 mil and £3-4 mil on a backup LB with Oviedo becoming the first team LB. That would leave the rest of the felliani money for another 1-2 players like Fernando and Bruno Martins Indi, we could use that money to seriously rebuild the squad with young talent would rather that than keep hold of a 29 year old LB whose backup has proved just as effective (minus the set pieces)

Id do a swap of de bruyne for baines plus a few million extra, baines is tremendous, but de bruyne has a hugely greater upside, hes 7 years younger, still not at his peak, and provides us with something we lack presently, and the position is in greater need

Thats without factoring in that one would come in hungry and wanting to cement his place in the belgium world cup squad whilst the other has his mind elsewhere if the talks to be believed, either way baines isnt as important oddly under martinez as he was udner moyes, and maybe thats a good thing, we are far less predictable now thats for sure

Would still be so hard to see him play for someone else though, not felt that way about a everton player since probably cahill and ferguson before that

De Bruyne on a permanent would be a great signing but we've got to be realistic, we need a CM, a Striker and a Winger and more than likely we'll only have about 15M + whatever we get for Heitinga. It'll be hard to get 3 top players with only 15M, Roberto will have to be very creative in january to do that.

De Bruyne on a permanent would be a great signing but we've got to be realistic, we need a CM, a Striker and a Winger and more than likely we'll only have about 15M + whatever we get for Heitinga. It'll be hard to get 3 top players with only 15M, Roberto will have to be very creative in january to do that.

De Bruyne for 10m (try to not pay the majority up front), Natkho on a free, and the rest to cover either the loan costs for a forward out of favour at a BIG team like barca, munich, madrid, psg etc or to bring in someone like defoe (favour the former as it leaves us with a clean slate wages wise when they return)

Id do a swap of de bruyne for baines plus a few million extra, baines is tremendous, but de bruyne has a hugely greater upside, hes 7 years younger, still not at his peak, and provides us with something we lack presently, and the position is in greater need.

I'm not against selling Baines as much as I would have been last year. As some have mentioned, Baines is not as much of a focal point under Martinez (compared to Moyes). If we got a reasonable offer for him (£15m), I would not be upset if we sold him. I'd be happy with what Roberto decided.

I'm not against selling Baines as much as I would have been last year. As some have mentioned, Baines is not as much of a focal point under Martinez (compared to Moyes). If we got a reasonable offer for him (£15m), I would not be upset if we sold him. I'd be happy with what Roberto decided.

I'm of the belief mate that i want players who want to play at this club, when they want to move to supposedly greener pastures ala arteta and fellaini and possibly baines then IF theyve given all they have whilst with us and we get a good fee then i dont begrudge them it, its life its football and the nature of the game, Rooney was different as we had only seen a fraction of what we should have as he didnt get the years we wanted here, the other 3 all put in their shift and did the club proud during their time here so wish them gl and we go on all the better each time hopefully

Well it's pretty much last chance saloon to sell Baines for big money. Now or never.

If for the money we got for baines martinez can bring in someone who has the impact that mccarthy has done mate and is a similar age then we'd be foolish to not think its time to do that deal mate, selling baines to get in someone of the quality and age as say de bruyne with 5m or so left over to strengthen elsewhere id say we have to do that, if its lose baines and the money disappears and isnt spent then its a disaster

Phil Bird ‏@PhilBirdBFC 6m
Bad news for Blackpool. Tom Ince set to move to Ajax in January for just £500,000.
Club not happy with player or manager!
Retweeted by John Merro

Sounds mad and I think John Merro bull****s a lot of the time but if its true that is crazy!

Phil Bird ‏@PhilBirdBFC 6m
Bad news for Blackpool. Tom Ince set to move to Ajax in January for just £500,000.
Club not happy with player or manager!
Retweeted by John Merro

Sounds mad and I think John Merro bull****s a lot of the time but if its true that is crazy!
Tom Ince is leaving the country? To Holland? In January?
I sense an early birthday present is in its way.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back