Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Bird ‏@PhilBirdBFC 6m
Bad news for Blackpool. Tom Ince set to move to Ajax in January for just £500,000.
Club not happy with player or manager!
Retweeted by John Merro

Sounds mad and I think John Merro bull****s a lot of the time but if its true that is crazy!

Wouldn't really be that shocking a move would it?

That's not the first time I've heard of Tom Ince moving to Ajax. Read it months ago in some transfer rumors article. Honestly, I could picture it happening.. just didn't think it would be for such a low fee.

De Bruyne for 10m (try to not pay the majority up front), Natkho on a free, and the rest to cover either the loan costs for a forward out of favour at a BIG team like barca, munich, madrid, psg etc or to bring in someone like defoe (favour the former as it leaves us with a clean slate wages wise when they return)

That would be great but I really doubt Chelsea value De Bruyne at 10M I think it'll be closer to 15M and we already got Lukaku on loan much rather we sign a Striker on a permanent deal. But yeah... would be a very happy man if we could bring De Bruyne, Nathko and a top striker on loan.

That would be great but I really doubt Chelsea value De Bruyne at 10M I think it'll be closer to 15M and we already got Lukaku on loan much rather we sign a Striker on a permanent deal. But yeah... would be a very happy man if we could bring De Bruyne, Nathko and a top striker on loan.

Looking at the places he's getting linked with so far mate in the bundesliga its unlikely any of them could go much over 10m and i really think a bid of that amount would prob get him (with the promise of being a focal point for a developing way of play that bobby could sell to him etc - and a decent not massive wage etc), think he's at the stage where playing regularly and being a central part of the team means more than sitting on a bench getting trophies as a bit part or getting massive wedge etc

I will admit though, i'm personally a huge fan of him, and a lot of my talk is just through seeing how well he'd suit us and us him, plus he's the type of skillful attack minded player i just love to watch in blue. Lets hope bobby thinks the same and gets on the blower to jose

With Natkho i've liked him everytime i've seen him play, and came as a surprise when we got linked with him the other week in some rag, seriously hope theirs some substance to it as he is pure quality, someone witha good engine on him who can zip a good ball around to runners ala gibson but better imo, having a mid of him barry and mccarthy for the season would make me feel very confident about the rest of the season and injuries, suspensions and rests for barry maccarthy tbh

Last edited:
[video=youtube;1J99xxeBEBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J99xxeBEBk[/video]

OK so I'd have him on a free or for a million or two.

That highlight package is just as good as anyone's, I don't think can question his technical ability. I've done a lot of research on him, It seems that he's best is really good but the problem is he doesn't always give his best, he goes missing in games and has problems with his consistency. Speaking of area's he needs to improve his work rate and defending has to be improved.

Out of all those weakness in his game that i mentioned can significantly improved at the right club, in the right environment under a good manager. If he works hard enough I honestly think there is potential for a really good player. Plus how many times have we seen players sign who the fans don't rate but the club still signs them and they become really good players, there's no reason why that couldn't happen if we signed him.

That highlight package is just as good as anyone's, I don't think can question his technical ability. I've done a lot of research on him, It seems that he's best is really good but the problem is he doesn't always give his best, he goes missing in games and has problems with his consistency. Speaking of area's he needs to improve his work rate and defending has to be improved.

Out of all those weakness in his game that i mentioned can significantly improved at the right club, in the right environment under a good manager. If he works hard enough I honestly think there is potential for a really good player. Plus how many times have we seen players sign who the fans don't rate but the club still signs them and they become really good players, there's no reason why that couldn't happen if we signed him.

I've seen him live (on tv obviously) quite a bit mate as they get shown on tv here all the time, i dont think the consistency id down to him not wanting to play, being lazy etc (although their is a bit of that in their), its mainly just the type of player he is, think paulo wanchope for an example of what i mean by that, he is naturally a inconsistent player if that makes sense, and at 26/27 its hard to get a player away from something which is just part of what they are as a person and player

Dont be fooled into thinking he's a technically good player mate, he definitely isn't, what he is is very very fast and he beats people by knocking the ball past and winning the race to it, works a lot better in a weaker league like here in russia than it will do in the prem, those type of players are quickly worked out in the higher leagues

I've seen him live (on tv obviously) quite a bit mate as they get shown on tv here all the time, i dont think the consistency id down to him not wanting to play, being lazy etc (although their is a bit of that in their), its mainly just the type of player he is, think paulo wanchope for an example of what i mean by that, he is naturally a inconsistent player if that makes sense, and at 26/27 its hard to get a player away from something which is just part of what they are as a person and player

Dont be fooled into thinking he's a technically good player mate, he definitely isn't, what he is is very very fast and he beats people by knocking the ball past and winning the race to it, works a lot better in a weaker league like here in russia than it will do in the prem, those type of players are quickly worked out in the higher leagues

I tend to agree. I think £1-2m what harm could it do, but you know what? If £1-2m is the difference between signing a quality player, i'd be gutted if we missed out. So Yeah. We need depth, but i just don't rate McGeady. I may be mistaken but isn't he on like £75k a week too? He's the type of player who should be commanding no more than £30k imho.

Wingers are needed, but i wish it wasn't McGeady. Watch him be a superstar now!

I tend to agree. I think £1-2m what harm could it do, but you know what? If £1-2m is the difference between signing a quality player, i'd be gutted if we missed out. So Yeah. We need depth, but i just don't rate McGeady. I may be mistaken but isn't he on like £75k a week too? He's the type of player who should be commanding no more than £30k imho.

Wingers are needed, but i wish it wasn't McGeady. Watch him be a superstar now!

He's on a decent wedge, plus the russian taxation is a fraction of what it is over here on wages mate, so 75k their is more like 65-70k take home pay for him, i think if he does arrive initially he'd look half decent until he got found out for what he does, after that he'd offer pace and nothing else

The way De Bruyne plays could potentially be a straight but better swap for Pienaar in his advancing years. De Bruyne is then a shoe in for when Barkleys rested for his favoured position behind the striker. The flexibility between the front 3 (behind Lukaku) would be fantastic and I think we should pull out all the stops to sign him, although I do think it will be closer to £15m. Yeah this means sell Baines, stay away from McGeady. Sign Bruno, have a punt on fernando and trust el Bob.

Just read Moyes is looking to sell of their players with Anderson, Fabio, Buttner and Young thought to be available.

I've watch a great number Man Utd games for the last 5 or 6 years as I'm a huge Cristiano Ronaldo fan so naturally I followed them closely and I've got to say that Anderson and Fabio I wouldn't mind having. Both of them are very talented players, Anderson just have been very unlucky with injuries which have stopped him from a top top CM and in Fabio's case he was fighting for the LBs spot against Evra who is still one of the best and most consistent LBs in the England for the last 5 or so years.

I know we don't need a fulback right now but Anderson I wouldn't mind, he just needs to stay healthy and a good run of games. He would give us a similar player to McCarthy but with more vision and better going forward.

Anderson has been on the transfer list for a while. pick him up for £5 million we add depth to our already strong midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back