Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we end the window with adding a striker, winger & midfielder....with the money we get for a terrible out of form striker !?!?!

If we are picking the bones of Wigan for utility players, I have absolutely no issue with it at all. McArthur is a good player and it will help us rotate our midfield without too many problems. He can also pick a pass which we've sorely missed since Gibson and Ross got injured and Lukaks form has suffered accordingly.

Last edited:

We need midfielders

I have honestly never seen the lad play

I trust Martinez as he knows these lads better than anyone

He's better than Osman

If it's a small fee to be fair, I'm all for it. We are desperately short at CM and as you say, he trusts him and he isn't a bad player at all.

My trepidation comes from the fact that we desperately need a striker and still don't have one, the lad's 26 and so not 'young' like McCarthy so there's not much extra potential, and well, we've filled our loans quota so it must be a permanent. Would Wigan sell a key player mid season for a small fee? I doubt it.

If we are picking the bones of Wigan for utility players, I have absolutely no issue with it at all. McArthur is a good player and it will help us rotate our midfield without too many problems. He can also pick a pass which we've sorely missed since Gibson got injured.

This

We need bodies like it or not

If he's a cheap option then I am all for it, He will rotate between Barry and McCarthy who will at some point get banned/injured given there postion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back