Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the signings he's made (not including loans as they AINT OUR PLAYERS) before people go on about these quality deals like Kenwright and Bobby have played a blinder, all of our signings bar McCarthy (who had trials at clubs like Liverpool, was scouted by Barca (not the "scouted" like in the papers but really scouted) and was 22 when we signed him and was obviously a good player, Mcarthur on the other hand, is 26 in his prime and playing in the championship, he is not at a young age like McCarthy who can improve with the age and develop etc.

Like has also been Said Martinez has given in to fan pressure by giving baines a new deal, bar West ham he has been ****e this season and for £16 mil that could of gotten us a Fernando/Banega to slot into the midfield with money left over for a young and decent LB cover for Oviedo like Davies etc.

Im just not impressed with his transfer dealings so far, style of play 10/10, giving belief into players 10/10, tactics 9/10, but until he can show he can bring in your pienaar's, colemans, arteta's, jagielka's, lescott's, Baines's etc. for £3-5 mil deals like moyes did I'll be concerned as loan deals arnt permanent and Wigan FC don't have the quality for a top 4 push

Yeah but Douglas.

Same crap again. You just made up that part about Martinez giving in to fan pressure and who we POSSIBLY could have spent the POSSIBLE money on. Players who POSSIBLY Martinez now has decided he doesn't want to spend the required part of his Jan/Summer budget on.

Your making it all up in your fuming head and assuming lots. As are the majority of posters.

Yeah but Douglas.

Same crap again. You just made up that part about Martinez giving in to fan pressure and who we POSSIBLY could have spent the POSSIBLE money on. Players who POSSIBLY Martinez now has decided he doesn't want to spend the required part of his Jan/Summer budget on.

Your making it all up in your fuming head and assuming lots. As are the majority of posters.

we all are lets be honest, we sit on here debating whether RM has transfer funds or not, whether barkley is off to Chelsea or not, if the latest takeover rumour around season ticket time is real etc. etc. fact is no one knows anything apart from whats going on, and that is loan signings aside, we have signed all wigan players and only 1 of them is top 4/6 quality. Thats not a pop at Martinez but a genuine worry of our transfer policy. We knew what It was under Kenwright and moyes and whilst it wasn't ideal it still had us in or abouts the top 6 against all odds, under the situation we are seeing right now I don't think that will be the case in 5-6 years time.

Thankfully it sounds like its not happening though

DM obviously knew McArthur was at Finch Farm and had an educated guess he was in talks about him being in talks; it was quite unlikely, to be fair, that he was taking coaching badges, but that's what it seems to have been. There is still no proof he isn't in talks, though, O'Keefe has get things wrong in the past. Innocent until proven guilty.

Also, things change quickly in football and I genuinely believe that it was looking like last week was going to be a 'good week', until something delayed/cancelled plans.

DAVIDMOYES is coming on here and doing us a favour really, after all, we're all desperate for news.

People have said that McCarthy was a steal at £13 million, and I agree. It's worth remembering that Martinez originally bought him at Wigan for £500k. Quality buy, now go and find us a £500k young gem please Roberto (y)

Someone posting on the DAVIDMOYES username to cause a scene haha. Well I was fooled and half the people on here were ready to hang Martinez for it

People have said that McCarthy was a steal at £13 million, and I agree. It's worth remembering that Martinez originally bought him at Wigan for £500k. Quality buy, now go and find us a £500k young gem please Roberto (y)

McCarthy cost Wigan £4 million, mate.

McCarthy cost Wigan £4 million, mate.

Think we both might be wrong. Don't know were I got the 500k figure from, but it was in my head though from a while back. It appears upon further investigation that he cost £1.2 million.

Edit: Source wiki. Wiki Source - BBC Sport.

Think we both might be wrong. Don't know were I got the 500k figure from, but it was in my head though from a while back. It appears upon further investigation that he cost £1.2 million.

Edit: Source wiki. Wiki Source - BBC Sport.

There will have likely been add ons which made the deal rise to 4 mil. With an initial fee of 1.2 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back